Software Engineer - Container/Kubernetes
Engineering | Remote in Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
SambaNova Systems is an AI innovation company that empowers organizations to deploy best-in-class solutions for computer vision, natural language processing, recommendation, and AI for science with confidence. SambaNova's flagship offering, Dataflow-as-a-Service™, helps organizations rapidly deploy AI in days, unlocking new revenue and boosting operational efficiency. SambaNova's DataScale® is an integrated software and hardware system using Reconfigurable Dataflow Architecture™ (RDA), along with open standards and user interfaces.
This is an opportunity for a Container/Kubernetes Software Engineer candidate that will work on container and Kubernetes technologies for AI, ML, and scientific applications in high-performance distributed systems. You will participate in developing, testing, and deploying next-generation high-performance compute systems for AI applications at scale. You will have a strong background in programming, architecting, and building software in distributed systems, and good teamwork and planning skills.
- Enable ease of use of containers with the innovative SambaNova DataScale Systems.
- Work on enabling the use of SambaNova Systems DataScale resources in container orchestrators such as Kubernetes.
- Team up with a variety of engineering teams across Sambanova to ensure your software integrates in the stack.
- Work with different teams to support deployment and integration of SambaNova Systems DataScale in various customer and internal use scenarios.
- Guide and mentor more junior engineers
- Expert-level experience and knowledge with container technologies and container platforms such as Docker, Podman, etc...
- Expert-level experience with container orchestrators such as Kubernetes is required
- Proficient experience with container orchestrator device plug-ins
- Proficient skills and experience in Go/C++/Python and solid knowledge of data structure and algorithms are required
- Proficient knowledge and experience working on system internals of Linux
- Strong background in distributed system software design and development.
- Good understanding of performance, security, and reliability in complex distributed systems
- Proficient experience with the Go and C++ programming languages.
- Experience with container runtime interface, network interface, storage interface, and message passing interface (MPI).
More about us:
AI is here. With SambaNova, customers are deploying the power of AI and deep learning in weeks rather than years to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. SambaNova’s flagship offering, Dataflow-as-a-ServiceTM, is a complete solution purpose-built for AI and deep learning that overcomes the limitations of legacy technology to power the large and complex models that enable customers to discover new opportunities, unlock new revenue and boost operational efficiency.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, hardware, and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others.
SambaNova Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.