Software Engineer - Clojure
Engineering | Remote: USA, Canada or Mexico | Full Time
Our client is pioneering a new kind of software tool that reduces the cost of building large-scale applications by multiple orders of magnitude. This technology pushes the boundaries of what's possible in compilers, databases, and distributed systems. Working on it is extremely challenging, but for the right person, it's extremely fulfilling as well.
Being one of the earliest employees means taking on big responsibilities and having a huge impact on our culture. Out-of-the-box thinking and a willingness to change your mind when encountering new ideas are essential. Our technology spans innumerable areas of software engineering, so we look for people who are excited to learn and comfortable working outside their comfort zone.
- Be highly motivated by the work you do and the impact the company will make
- Derive meaning from your work, and have a good work ethic
- Be excited and challenged by a big learning curve
Be truly motivated by what you're doing and accomplishing
- Clojure expertise
- Deep knowledge of the JVM
- Experience designing and building compilers, databases, and/or distributed systems
- The core skills are writing clean, maintainable, well-tested, and bug-free code.
- Significant Functional Programming experience
- Awesome open source portfolio or impressive side projects
- Fully distributed team. Work where you feel most productive
- Competitive salary
- Large equity ownership - have true ownership of the business
- Comprehensive health plan, with 100% premium coverage for you and your dependents
- Four weeks of mandatory paid vacation. Overworking is not allowed!
More about us:
Our platform reduces the development cost of building large-scale backends by over 100x. To demonstrate this, we've used our product to build a fully scalable replica of the classic Twitter product in only 18k lines of code, a 99.8% reduction in code to what it took Twitter in reality. Our investors include Max Levchin (founder of PayPal) and Naval Ravikant (founder of AngelList). The Founder created Apache Storm, one of the most popular stream processing systems in the world used by many companies including Yahoo, Alibaba, Spotify, WebMD, and Cerner.
If you've read this far and realized this isn't a typical job description, it's because this isn't a typical job, but an opportunity of rare exception. You need to be based in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.