Senior Front End Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Part Time, Contract, and Temp to Full Time
Built by Restaurant People. For Restaurant People. We are revolutionizing the way customers and restaurants communicate and has experienced unprecedented growth over the past 6 months, scaling to over 500 restaurants. Our AI instantly and accurately responds to customers 24/7, naturally books reservations, captures private event leads, takes orders, and captures catering needs, allowing our partners to focus more on operations while creating new revenue streams.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices
- Provide UI/UX direction to iterate on the design and implementation of the product
- Work with our data scientists and back-end engineers to build features and ship experiments
- Strong experience with React and GraphQL
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks
- Strong CS fundamentals and experience building large-scale sites.
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience working in small teams or dealing with the challenges involved in being the only front-end engineer at a startup
- Stock options
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Credit toward personal medical, dental, & vision insurance
- The opportunity to participate in building a strong engineering culture
This role is intended for a contractor working 20 hrs a week and transitioning into a full time engineer role by March, or for a contractor seeking a 3-month part-time contract. San Francisco or Boston location.