Product Manager, International
Product Management | San Carlos, CA | Full Time
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered before it’s even asked.
Yummly has grown to over 30M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently one of the leading recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected digital kitchen of the future globally.
Yummly, Inc., a subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation, has an opportunity for a Product Manager, International, to lead our expansion globally. We are looking for a leader with a proven track record of working in a fast-paced and highly structured environment.
The role will include working with global teams to deliver our international expansion plans starting in Brazil with an emphasis on scaling our subscription service and leading our international teams. The person will be responsible for managing international launches across technology, content, and go-to-market including language translation, localized content, and go-to-market in collaboration with Yummly and Whirlpool teams. You will...
- Define the vision and strategy to drive growth across platforms globally.
- Be responsible for the execution of related technology and data projects leading a full stack development team for internationalization.
- Write product specifications, prioritize tasks, and plan the product development roadmap.
- Handle the ideation, design, development, and launch of new international features and experiments across platforms.
- Partner closely with engineering, design, content, and marketing to ship premier experiences.
Extensive direct experience in
- B2C Software product mgmt (requirements > build > ship > analyze)
- Growth funnel product optimization experience & knowledge
Some direct experience in
- Localization / Internationalization experience
- Project management experience (and willingness to project manage)
- Consumer insights (talking to/getting data from target audiences)
- Using software analytics packages like Mixpanel, Google Analytics
- Working with designers to create consumer-facing features
- Mobile app development and best practices
Indirect knowledge of
- Growth Marketing (SEO, SEM, Social, Paid)
Nice to Have but not required
- Brazil experience or Portuguese fluency
- General MBA skills
- Brand Marketing
- SQL / Data scientist level data analysis skills
- UX, visual, interaction design - an eye for good design and great user experiences.
- Usability testing & design validation
- B.S. in a technical discipline, product development, or equivalent practical experience.
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse engineers, scientists, product experts, and marketers on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
In 2017, we were acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we are building the fully connected kitchen of the future.
We’re putting the finishing touches on our permanent home office in San Carlos that will open its doors in 2021. Due to COVID-19, we are all working at home at the moment and will remain flexible through mid-year 2021. In the meantime, we are planning and implementing high-level safety protocols for working in the office when the time comes.
Please talk to us if you have a love for launching products, hard problems, and food!