Principal Visual Designer
Marketing | San Carlos, CA | Full Time
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question "what's for dinner?" is answered before it's even asked.
Yummly has grown to over 28M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently one of the leading recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected digital kitchen of the future globally.
We have an opportunity for a Principal Visual Designer who has a passion for impacting consumer products, to join our growing design team. You have a keen eye for detail and craftsmanship, and you have high standards for creating exceptional work. Our design team works closely with product, engineering, content, and marketing teams to develop award-winning products that delight our customers.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for the development and stewardship of Yummly’s visual product and brand language.
- Work alongside the UX and Product teams and manage the ongoing development of the platform look and feel, shaping the UI and interaction design language.
- Work with the Content team to create a synergistic product/brand content experience
- Help to develop a multi-disciplinary brand experience that extends beyond the native product platforms with Yummly’s Marketing and Social Media Teams
- Collaborate with Retail and Packaging to create synergy between Yummly digital and physical products.
- Ensure consistent implementation of the Yummly brand language with vendors and partners.
What you will bring:
- Design leadership experience on a digital product, ideally with experience of a rebrand, refresh, and/or ground-up brand development
- A key contribution to a product design system
- A portfolio of consumer-facing product design. Preferably in the lifestyle and/or food sectors
- Inspiring design aesthetic
- 7+ years visual design experience
- Fluency in standard design software: Adobe Creative Suite / Figma / Sketch / Lucidchart
- Passion for food and cooking
And a Little More About Us
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse engineers, scientists, product experts, and marketers on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
In 2017, we were acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully connected kitchen of the future.
We recently moved into our brand new home office in San Carlos, close to CalTrain and Highway 101. Additionally, we have implemented high-level safety protocols for working in the office and offer a flexible work model to allow employees to work where they are most productive.
Please talk to us if you have a love for mobile app development, hard problems, and food!
Yummly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Apply here: https://grnh.se/f9d842532us