Lead UX Designer
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
- Our client is the #1 online personal shopping service. They recommend 2+ billion products to 4+ million active subscribers every month. They are profitable, growing and on their way to completely disrupting the ecommerce industry by making shopping the easiest, most personalized experience you’ve ever seen.
- Here’s how it works: You tell us your favorite brands (Prada, Rebecca Minkoff, 600+ others) and preferences (size, price). Then we scour the internet every day and let you know when things you want go on sale.
- We make money whenever people buy something. Our service has been called "addictive" and "dangerous."
- We are also in the midst of launching a new product that has the potential to turn eCommerce on its head.
- Everyone loves a sale – join us and help our millions of adoring fans access the products they crave.
As the head of UX, you will be owning the User Experience which means you will:
- Build out interactive designs so simple and intuitive that Betty White from the Snickers commercials could use it.
- Create the visual style -- something so sexy that millions of fashionistas will say “Wow” and with a broad enough appeal that their male friends will be interested as well.
- Create wireframes, photoshop mock-ups and ideally interactive prototypes to really test out.
- Build out and maintain the style guide -- a set of visual components, typefaces, colors that developers can use to maintain a consistent experience when building out new functionality.
- Head up the weekly user-experience sessions with both existing and potential users to better understand what is working and what isn’t.
- Iterate quickly on new designs and product features, including experiments, newsletters and more.
- Create pixel-perfect designs for our website, emails, and other creative assets
- Positively impact and improve the overall brand
- You have a background in UX/UI -- you have a portfolio of incredibly useful sites and/or mobile apps in the consumer space that also happen to be beautiful
- You are a PhotoShop ninja and have at least a working understanding of XHTML/CSS. You know how to build out PSDs so that they can be used by web and email developers.
- You have an excellent eye for design. You know great web UI when you see it, and can explain why it's great.
- You can jump in quickly without a lot of direction, and learn by asking the right questions the first time. You thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- You are a constant tinkerer. You are always trying to make things better to find even easier, more elegant ways for a user to do what they want to do.
- You understand and love quick iterations. You know that getting things in front of people sooner than later gives more feedback.
- You are collaborative. You like working with other people to help determine the best solution.
- You love A/B-Testing and learning how your hypotheses work in the real world. We are A/B testing fiends here, so expect almost everything you do to be tested :)
- Past experience with work in e-commerce, consumer or lifestyle web development
- Obsessive awareness of current trends in UX, fashion and retail space
- Fluent in Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or whatever you use to create wireframes
- Competitive salary & options, medical, dental, vision.
- A fast/small computer, a big monitor, Aeron chairs, big windows, high ceilings, brick walls in a hip SOMA location.
- Espresso machines, make-your-own-soda machines, fun company events almost weekly (waffle breakfast, company Iron Chef competitions, Beers-of-the-world tour, etc...)
- The unique ability to brag to your friends that your job is to help them score the loot that they want.