Engineering | San Carlos, CA | Full Time
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly is your personalized, AI-powered digital assistant for managing your kitchen. We simplify and automate mundane tasks and inspire home chefs to become the best version of themselves. With our award-winning mobile apps and website, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery, meal planning, guided video recipes from celebrity chefs, and tools to eliminate food waste. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered and solved to make cooking rewarding, efficient, and inspiring.
Yummly is consistently one of the leading recipe apps on iOS and Android with Editor’s Choice designations across both platforms. We also recently launched our own IoT connected cooking products and are building the appliances of the future with Whirlpool that will integrate with our apps.
Yummly is seeking a talented iOS Developer to join our food-obsessed team and help in developing the next phase of category-defining smart cooking and connected kitchen products.
Join the Yummly Team in crafting great experiences that help home cooks plan, prep, and cook meals faster and easier through smart personalized guidance. We want you to contribute to our mobile app user experience and bring it to the next level through your passion for future-tech user-centric development awesomeness, and help to create the most comprehensive food management suite in the world.
- Design and development of beautiful, usable, and functionally rich iOS apps
- Provide technical competence to a distributed iOS development project team
- Contribute to architectural decisions and technical designs
- Analyze requirements and estimate efforts timeline, dependencies, and risks
- Explore technical feasibility and suggest implementation options
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders (product owners and UX designers) and other development team members
- Work with our team and our offshore development and QA team (parts of our team are offshore)
- Hands-on iOS app development, including feature development & problem-solving
- Integrate mobile software with embedded device software on connected hardware modules, and with cloud software
- Participate in all aspects of product design and development
- 3+ years of experience in mobile app development
- Extensive experience with iOS Frameworks and proficiency in Swift and Objective-C
- Solid understanding of MVC/MVVM
- Passion for building great UI/UX
- Good understanding of iOS-related programming patterns and OS facilities
- Have your own app development portfolio that demonstrates real-life experience with mainstream mobile apps used by a broad consumer install base
- Hands-on experience in the Agile development process
- Good understanding of OOP concepts, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or comparable relevant experience
Preferred Optional Skills:
- Understand and have demonstrated best practices in front-end UI / UX implementation
- Understanding of app optimization including performance optimization
- Hands-on experience with test-driven development and continuous integration
And a little more about us:
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse engineers, scientists, product experts, and marketers on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
In 2017, we were acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we are building the fully connected kitchen of the future.
We’re putting the finishing touches on our permanent home office in San Carlos that will open its doors in 2021. Due to COVID-19, we are all working at home at the moment and will remain flexible through mid-year 2021. In the meantime, we are planning and implementing high-level safety protocols for working in the office when the time comes.
Please talk to us if you have a love for software development, hard problems, and food!