Head of Sales
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Waypoint is a San Francisco-based technology firm that is transforming how commercial real estate is managed, assessed, and underwritten. Our performance analytics and management technology solution enhances the way commercial real estate professionals gather financial insights to unlock hidden value. Waypoint’s financial analytics solution provides a simplified way for asset and property managers to improve operating efficiencies across a portfolio, enhance asset value and deliver greater returns for owners and investors.
This an opportunity for a Head of Sales who can build a world-class sales culture based on discipline, process and a strong competitive spirit. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing the sales plan for Waypoint, set the sales culture within the company, build and develop the team, drive initial sales, develop the sales playbook and oversee all of sales. The Head of Sales must also have the gravitas to close accounts themselves with prospective customers in the commercial real estate market. Initially the Head of Sales will function in a “player-coach” role and evolve upon proven success as our company grows.
The individual best-suited for this role should have a proven track record of selling in a new market category effectively in a start-up environment. This role will be responsible for working closely with the CEO and the rest of the management team to achieve high growth.
- Own all top-line revenue; meet or exceed company sales targets and revenue forecasts
- Must be able to individually close deals as well as run & manage the sales team
- Must have knowledge of sales comp plan models for direct, inside and channel sales models
- Define and refine a repeatable, predictable sales process
- Develop a sales playbook and manage sales comp plans and targets
- Coordinate, communicate, execute and manage a sales plan that meets and overachieves sales quotas
- Must have advanced knowledge of Salesforce and a working understanding of automated marketing lead gen systems and processes
- Bring thought leadership and vision as part of the executive team in formulating the strategic plans that will successfully develop the company’s offerings in the market in collaboration with marketing, product, and customer success teams
- Collaborate with marketing in the development of innovative sales and marketing programs
- Experience with Board presentation and working with a Board of Directors desirable but not essential
- BS or BA, 7+ years experience in sales leadership in a B2B start-up environment; prior experience developing business with financial institutions and/or commercial real estate fund managers strongly preferred
- Proven track record and experience in sales leadership for a new segment/category in the B2B software segment is essential
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and nimble start-up environment
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to “move the needle” and ramp a sales organization
- Very competitive, driven to succeed and overachieve measurable goals
- Adaptable to changing market and customer requirements
- Team player & team builder; a natural sales person, engaging and polished
- Proven success in defining sales process and building a disciplined culture where a healthy balance between hard work and having fun is embraced
- Able to travel at least 50% (This should decline as the sales team grows)
- If you are a hybrid exec sales/marketing person or CRO, we'd also be interested in hearing from you.
- Salary and bonus commensurate with experience as well as competitive benefits and stock options
- Work from home once a week
- Fully stocked kitchen, happy hours, company outings, great location in the historic Jackson Street neighborhood, easy public transportation.