Head of Android
Engineering | San Carlos, CA | Full Time
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered before it’s even asked.
Yummly has grown to over 28M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently one of the leading recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected kitchen of the future.
Yummly is seeking a seasoned Head of Android Development to join our food-obsessed team and help in developing the next phase of category-defining smart cooking and connected kitchen products.
Join the Yummly Team in crafting great experiences that help home cooks plan, prep, and cook meals faster and easier through smart personalized guidance. We want you to contribute to our mobile app user experience and bring it to the next level through your passion for future-tech user-centric development awesomeness, and help to create the most comprehensive food management suite in the world.
- Lead the company’s Android app strategy
- Provide technical and people leadership to our Android development team
- Hire and scale a team of excellent developers
- Collaborate with colleagues from platform, website, product, UX, content, and marketing to ensure a high-quality product for our customers
- Deep understanding of the general mobile architectures, trends, and latest technologies
- Previous experience with code refactoring, the ability to manage a legacy code is a plus
- Extensive understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Skilled working in a fast-paced environment
- Inspirational leadership capabilities
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for building great UI/UX
- Hands-on experience in the Agile development process
- MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Startup experience
- Passionate about food
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse engineers, scientists, product experts, and marketers on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
In 2017, we were acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully connected kitchen of the future.
We recently moved into our brand new home office in San Carlos, close to CalTrain and Highway 101. Additionally, we have implemented high-level safety protocols for working in the office and offer a flexible work model to allow employees to work where they are most productive.
Please talk to us if you have a love for mobile app development, hard problems, and food!
Yummly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.