Engineering Manager - Container/Kubernetes
Engineering | Remote in Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
SambaNova Systems is an AI innovation company that empowers organizations to deploy best-in-class solutions for computer vision, natural language processing, recommendation, and AI for science with confidence. SambaNova's flagship offering, Dataflow-as-a-Service™, helps organizations rapidly deploy AI in days, unlocking new revenue and boosting operational efficiency. SambaNova's DataScale® is an integrated software and hardware system using Reconfigurable Dataflow Architecture™ (RDA), along with open standards and user interfaces.
This is an opportunity for a manager of the Container/Kubernetes software engineer team that will lead the container and Kubernetes technologies for AI, ML, and scientific applications in high-performance distributed systems. This role will require the candidate to build and lead a new engineering team to participate in developing, testing, and deploying next-generation high-performance compute systems for AI applications at scale. You will have both a strong technical background in programming, architecting, and building software in distributed systems and good leadership and management skills.
- Build and lead the engineering team to enable ease of use of containers with the innovative SambaNova DataScale Systems, and enable the use of SambaNova DataScaleresources in container orchestrators such as Kubernetes.
- Be involved in cross-team conversations with a variety of engineering teams across Sambanova to ensure your software integrates with the rest of the Sambanova stack.
- Drive the efforts to work with different teams to support the deployment and integration of SambaNova Systems DataScale in various customer and internal use scenarios.
- Grow the team and individual engineers along with the growth of the company
- Expertise in container technologies and container platforms such as Docker, Podman, etc
- Expert-level experience with container orchestrators such as Kubernetes
- Proficient experience with container orchestrator device plug-ins
- Strong background in distributed system software design and development.
- Good understanding of performance, security, and reliability in complex distributed systems
- Track record of technical leader for successful projects and engineer teams, driving cross-functional collaboration from finding problems to design, implementation, and deployment
More about us:
AI is here. With SambaNova, customers are deploying the power of AI and deep learning in weeks rather than years to meet the demands of the AI-enabled world. SambaNova’s flagship offering, Dataflow-as-a-ServiceTM, is a complete solution purpose-built for AI and deep learning that overcomes the limitations of legacy technology to power the large and complex models that enable customers to discover new opportunities, unlock new revenue and boost operational efficiency.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, SambaNova Systems was founded in 2017 by industry luminaries, hardware, and software design experts from Sun/Oracle and Stanford University. Investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, funds and accounts managed by BlackRock, Intel Capital, GV, Walden International, Temasek, GIC, Redline Capital, Atlantic Bridge Ventures, Celesta, and several others.
SambaNova Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.