Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We help real estate teams drive peak performance with a cloud-based platform that helps automate, accelerate, and align the day-to-day financial and operational management of real estate portfolios. The result is an organization that moves faster, adapts quickly, and stays ahead of the competition.
A core part of our business relies on us being able to quickly and correctly ingest data from a variety of sources (MRI, Yardi, VTS for example, and even direct user input). The software engineers on the data engineering team help build and maintain the transformation and cleaning steps of our ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) pipeline before it can be stored and accessed by our customers in a standardized fashion. As a software engineer on this team, you’ll be building components within the ETL pipeline that automate these cleaning and transformation steps. You’ll also assist the rest of the team to execute the manual steps to load the data of our clients.
This is a crucial, highly visible role within the company. Your team is a big component of growing and serving our client base with minimal manual data cleaning effort required from our clients or from our internal data operations team.
- Write code and design pipeline architecture.
- Build pipelines that support the ingestion, analysis, and enrichment of financial data.
- Improve the existing pipeline to increase the throughput and accuracy of data.
- Identify areas of automation opportunities and implement improvements.
- Work with the Product Manager to map general accounting concepts to our internal data models in a repeatable and precise fashion.
- Understand data models and schemas, and work with other engineering staff to recommend extensions and changes.
- Use investigative tools and database queries to automatically flag irreconcilable data within our production datasets.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient in at least one programming language such as PHP, Python or Ruby
- Proficient with SQL and database concepts
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Interest in data modeling, visualization, and ETL pipelines
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
- Experience with real estate (MRI, Yardi, RealPage) or accounting systems (SAP, Lawson) is a plus
- Remote work option, benefits and stock options