Back End Engineer
Engineering | San Jose, CA 95113 | Full Time
ACME Technologies is both a payment infrastructure provider and a cloud application provider. Our core ticketing and membership applications are powered by ACME Pay, our payment infrastructure that can be used by any SaaS company seeking to monetize payments.
Our cloud application stack is composed of eCommerce (B2C) and web-based Backoffice (B2B) applications as well as Point of Sale and Access Control applications for in-venue sales and scanning.
Our payment infrastructure stack is a modern API layer with SDKs, providing a rich omnichannel (online and POS) interface at the payment acceptance layer all the way to back office management and daily payout to sellers, with a global footprint. See acmepayments.com.
Our back-end technology is modern, based on the latest java microservices architectures and modern REST API principles. The challenges are great to keep our infrastructure reliable, and secure, with high uptime and high performance as we process the main integrated payment use cases for our app layer and external API clients. If you like great engineering challenges, it’s hard to find better; we do deep technology.
Our culture is collaborative. Given we build mission-critical systems, we take pride in a low-key, solution-oriented company that deals with problems productively. Everybody is part of the solution. As a core tech company, we focus on great engineering to support our clients and sales.
You will be a member of the core engineering team at ACME. Contribute at a foundational level to our growing product portfolio and have lots of fun building at scale. You will collaborate closely with design, front-end, and customer service teams and customers to bring our vision to life.
- Are you excited to build systems that replace existing ERP systems for large venues?
- Are you interested in building mission-critical systems such as payments?
- Do you like to handle problems that are true enterprise-class?
- Can you write RESTful APIs using Java that can handle millions of transactions across multiple venues without losing sleep over it?
- Can you figure out when MySQL is the right database versus MongoDB? Can you handle both types of databases?
- Micro-services, SpringBoot, and Hibernate are frameworks that you need to know or learn fast since that is the foundation of our system.
- We would prefer a BS or MS in Computer Science but are open if you meet most of the above requirements.
We have a collaborative, common sense, no-nonsense culture, with excellent employee and customer retention. Our customers are some of the biggest, best-known name brands in the museum, and aquarium spaces, and include all the Presidential Libraries.
We provide all the tools you need for success in a highly collaborative environment. While this is a fully remote role, for those in the Bay Area, we have a San Jose office within walking distance of Caltrain. If this sounds like a tempting challenge where you can make your mark developing a globally useful, cutting-edge product, while working in a positive, friendly environment, we want to hear from you.