Software Engineering Manager - iOS
Together Labs | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Software Engineering Manager - iOS
Redwood City, CA
IMVU is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead our iOS team. The ideal candidate is a hands-on Manager who is excellent at sharing their knowledge, mentoring engineers, and is proficient at software design. Your passion for building scalable, forward-thinking iOS applications is supported by a deep understanding of mobile app development and a curiosity for exploring new technologies. You value engineering productivity and application reliability.
You have excellent communications skills to speak in technical terms with Mobile and Backend engineers as well as in non-technical terms with your coworkers in Product, Project Management, and Quality Assurance.
The ideal candidate has successfully managed their team to release products to the Apple App Store by practicing agile software development and has used App Store Connect to monitor Crash behavior to ensure the rates are as low as possible.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience.
- 4+ years of iOS Application development experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including gathering requirements and applying them to a cohesive software design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A firm grasp of fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Applied understanding of resource constraints including battery life, network availability, and other mobile-specific issues.
- Comprehensive understanding of iOS user interface design and standards, including Material Design.
- Deep programming experience in Objective-C and Swift.
- Firm grasp of UIKit, Storyboards and AutoLayout
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of client-server applications, RESTful APIs, and NSURLSession
- Experience with C++ development on the iOS platform
- Experience with other mobile platforms such as Android or mobile-web development frameworks.
- Experience In App Purchases and Subscriptions
- Experience integrating with Mobile Ad Networks SDKs
- Experience building entertainment applications
Together Labs (formerly IMVU, Inc.) innovates technologies that empower people worldwide to connect, create and earn in virtual worlds. Our mission is to redefine social media as a catalyst for authentic human connection through the development of a family of products grounded in this core value. These include: IMVU, the world's largest friendship discovery and social platform; VCOIN, the first regulatory-approved transferable digital currency; and WithMe, an upcoming mobile platform built on insights from the science of friendship. For more information, please visit https://togetherlabs.com/
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Together Labs is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. Together Labs is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
Together Labs (formerly IMVU) has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please familiarize yourself with our products and feel free to try out our core product at https://www.imvu.com/
Together Labs is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.