Senior Regulatory Counsel - Metajuice
MetaJuice | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Senior Regulatory Counsel - Metajuice
Redwood City, CA
As MetaJuice’s lead regulatory and compliance counsel, you are a versatile and highly collaborative person, providing pragmatic and creative solutions. As a detail-oriented person that thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, you embrace the opportunity to not only partner with all corporate functions but also drive regulatory strategy. Excited about crypto-metaverses? Join us and drive the process of minting a token, selling it via presales, executing a public listing, securing international exchange listings and keeping us compliant around the world! Reporting to the Together Labs General Counsel, you’re comfortable with a day that includes addressing crypto strategy decisions, US and international regulatory frameworks, and financial requirements - to advise on critical strategic and legal matters.
Title and compensation will be based on candidate experience.
Vision & Planning
- Provide practical, in-depth thought leadership on legal issues and risks in a risk-tolerant, but compliance-oriented environment, including the impact on the company's long-term strategy to business and legal audiences
- Advise on threshold regulatory questions regarding cryptocurrency business initiatives, including applicability of federal securities laws, commodities laws, and laws regarding illicit finance
- Evaluate U.S. and international licensing requirements that affect crypto business strategy
- Lead employee-training sessions on internal compliance policies and regulatory compliance issues
- Manage MetaJuice and Together Labs’ relationships with regulators, providing subject matter expertise as it relates to cryptocurrency
- Manage and lead relationships with outside counsel, especially our US-based top crypto legal team and international firms that we engage from time to time.
- Manage examinations and regulatory inquiries from federal and state regulators, and their International counterparts
- Build strong relationships with other Together Labs in-house attorneys, product teams, and outside advisors for sophisticated matters
- Manage the compliance component of our bank partner relationships
- Design, implement, and maintain aspects of MetaJuice’s compliance program - appropriate controls, policies, procedures and programs to reflect changes in law and regulation to minimize risk
- Design and implement company-wide parameters for Compliance key risk indicators for escalation to senior management and drive company-wide accountability
- Oversee audits, exams and reviews
- Assist with day-to-day operations as needed including AML + fraud investigations and other projects as needed
- Flexibility and creativity in dealing with complex legal issues on a domestic and cross border basis
- Ability to help transcribe global regulatory requirements into recommendations to manage the business risk while driving and supporting growth in a fast changing landscape
You have achieved:
- 7+ years of hands-on a compliance or legal experience, preferably in the cryptocurrency or blockchain technology sector and/or at a regulated financial institution or governmental or regulatory agency, with a focus on public policy issues
- 4+ years of leadership and management experience
- Proven experience developing and implementing compliance frameworks
- JD degree with excellent academic credentials.
As a person, you have:
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency markets and blockchain technology
- Understanding of the technological variants of digital asset ecosystems and frameworks strongly preferred
- Experience with a variety of financial instruments including securities, commodities, derivatives and cryptocurrencies
- Experience counseling product teams in blockchain, fintech or technology products and understand the legal and regulatory frameworks underpinning those products
- Strong leadership abilities with team management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A proven track record of being a self-starter with the ability to work independently and coordinate across multiple functional groups
- Interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology with an eagerness to learn more about the industry. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
MetaJuice (www.MetaJuice.com) builds blockchain-driven assets that unlock the value of the metaverse where users can create, earn, own and shape the future. Through meta tokens such as VCORE and VCOIN, and NFTs, MetaJuice will realize its vision; creating a world where everyone can participate and share in its success. MetaJuice is the blockchain subsidiary of Together Labs.
Together Labs innovates technologies that empower people worldwide to connect, create and earn in virtual worlds. Our mission is to redefine social media as a catalyst for authentic human connection through the development of a family of products grounded in this core value. These include: IMVU, the world's largest friendship discovery and social platform; VCOIN, the first regulatory-approved transferable digital currency; and WithMe, an upcoming mobile platform built on insights from the science of friendship. For more information, please visit https://togetherlabs.com/
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Together Labs is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering in virtual worlds. Together Labs is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
Together Labs (formerly IMVU) has been for seven years running as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please familiarize yourself with our products and feel free to try out our core product at https://www.imvu.com/
Together Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion. Our unique differences enable us to learn, collaborate, and grow together. We welcome all applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.