Senior Full Stack Infrastructure Engineer
IMVU | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Senior Full Stack Infrastructure Engineer - IMVU
Redwood City, CA
As a part of the Infra team, you will help to design and build tools, technologies and processes that allow other teams to achieve their goals more efficiently. You will create leading edge technologies that are critical to our business and that are so awesome that they are typically open-sourced to help the community at large.
The Infra team stewards common infrastructures for building and deploying code and for managing IMVU production systems. They create technologies and tools that maximize the productivity of every engineer at IMVU. This includes everything from keeping our technology stack current to creating virtualized sandboxes to implementing REST services in PHP. Our new technologies revolve around containerization, kubernetes and possibly new builds systems such as goCD.
Infrastructure engineers bridge the knowledge and responsibility gap between ops and application engineers. They use their architectural mindset to design and code complex server-side technologies. They build server administration tools and develop industry leading systems for continuous build and continuous deployment. They work with our operations team to quickly track down and fix problems in the cluster or codebase, leveraging their systems admin skills to create new server roles or identify scalability bottlenecks. They can rack a server, define an API, write a unit test, and everything in between. They are typically part of schema reviews and architectural committees.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a software engineer
- A firm grasp of Computer Science fundamentals including object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Experience working in a production stack
- Highly skilled at understanding service quality, live maintenance and data integrity
- Experience in continuous deployment, build systems & sandbox management
- Experience in common open source monitoring/metric/build software, including:
- Nagios, cfengine, GIT and SVN, buildbot, goCD
- Experience in 250+ size cluster management
- Experience in site reliability development
- Solid knowledge of L2/L3 networking fundamentals and technologies
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and load balancing
- Experience in common open source software, including:
- MySQL, varnish, redis, memcache, apache, nginx, php
- You are a security expert
- Experience with containers and/or kubernetes
Together Labs (Formerly IMVU) innovates technologies that empower people worldwide to connect, create and earn in virtual worlds. Our mission is to redefine social media as a catalyst for authentic human connection through the development of a family of products grounded in this core value. These include: IMVU, the world's largest friendship discovery and social platform; VCOIN, the first regulatory-approved transferable digital currency; and WithMe, an upcoming mobile platform built on insights from the science of friendship. For more information, please visit https://togetherlabs.com/
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Together Labs is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. Together Labs is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
Together Labs (formerly IMVU) has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please familiarize yourself with our products and feel free to try out our core product at https://www.imvu.com/
Together Labs is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.