Internal Application: Senior Front End Software Engineer
IMVU | Hybrid in Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Senior Front End Software Engineer
Remote in CA/OR/WA/CO/MA/VA/DE or in office (Redwood City, CA)
This role will work very closely with our visual designers and user experience experts to design products that are both impactful and that provide a satisfying experience to our users.
- A BA/BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5 years experience as a software engineer
- Communicate your ideas and improvements when appropriate to support the customer and the business
- A firm grasp of fundamentals including object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- In depth knowledge of Svelte and SvelteKit
- Familiarity with Electron, Backbone, Handlebars, SASS, Angular, React, or other adjacent technologies
- Knowledge of the latest development trends from mobile web, including modular design, accessibility, and site performance
- Working knowledge of cross platform/browser compatibility issues (Edge, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
- Worked with or have the desire to work in test driven development
- Experience working with a RESTful LAMP stack
- A general knowledge of caching fundamentals
- Made contributions to open source projects
- The ability to mentor other engineers and the willingness to learn from others
- Interest in online communities, games, or 3d graphics
Together Labs innovates technologies that empower people worldwide to connect, create and earn in virtual worlds. Our mission is to redefine social media as a catalyst for authentic human connection through the development of a family of products grounded in this core value. These include: IMVU, the world's largest friendship discovery and social platform; VCOIN, the first regulatory-approved transferable digital currency; and WithMe, an upcoming mobile platform built on insights from the science of friendship. For more information, please visit https://togetherlabs.com/
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Together Labs is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering in virtual worlds. Together Labs is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
Together Labs (formerly IMVU) has been for seven years running as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please familiarize yourself with our products and feel free to try out our core product at https://www.imvu.com/
Together Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion. Our unique differences enable us to learn, collaborate, and grow together. We welcome all applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.