Director of Product Design
Together Labs | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Director of Product Design
Redwood City, CA
Together Labs (formerly IMVU) is looking for a creative leader with a proven track record of design excellence to be our Director of Product Design.
About this Role
As a Director of Product Design, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great feature to tweaking pixels right before launch and will have a significant impact on what Together Labs is today and becomes tomorrow. You will be responsible for the design vision across all platforms of the product as well as managing, growing, and inspiring a team of designers.
- Lead design strategy
- Translate product needs into smart, measurable creative strategies that differentiates IMVU, VCoin, Together Labs and enhances the consumer experience
- Effectively balance design, customer and business needs
- Oversee the research, development and timely flow of project deliverables, ensuring they are aligned with product goals, and drive work to completion
- Conduct constructive design reviews and demonstrate that building and improving your team is your most important task
- Demonstrate willingness to roll-up sleeves to dig in with peers and team members
- Build strong, collaborative business partnerships with key departments within the organization
- Benchmark other companies and keep abreast of industry trends, competitive landscape, target audiences, marketplace changes and respond by evolving design and business strategy appropriately
- 8+ years of industry experience as a UX/UI designer in a cross-functional UX team, dedicated to the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successful desktop and mobile applications
- 4-6 years of leadership experience in both startups and high-traffic consumer companies managing design teams
- Experience working with social gaming, social networks, avatars, virtual goods or immersive entertainment
- Proven ability to attract and hire high quality design talent
- Direct experience with rapid iterative design and driving design oversight within an agile/scrum development process
***Portfolio is required*** Please send with application
Together Labs innovates technologies that empower people worldwide to connect, create and earn in virtual worlds. Our mission is to redefine social media as a catalyst for authentic human connection through the development of a family of products grounded in this core value. These include: IMVU, the world's largest friendship discovery and social platform; VCOIN, the first regulatory-approved transferable digital currency; and WithMe, an upcoming mobile platform built on insights from the science of friendship. For more information, please visit https://togetherlabs.com/
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Together Labs is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. Together Labs is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
Together Labs (formerly IMVU) has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please familiarize yourself with our products and feel free to try out our core product at https://www.imvu.com/
Together Labs is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.