Director, Blockchain Technology
VCoin | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Director, Blockchain Technology
Redwood City, CA / Remote
Kadre, the Blockchain Unit of Together Labs, is looking for a highly collaborative Engineering leader to spearhead the development of the next generation of crypto enabled assets for the metaverse.
Together Labs, owns and operates IMVU, a pioneer in the social avatar space (top 3 grossing app on iOS) & innovates technologies that empower people worldwide to connect, create and earn in virtual worlds. This includes VCOIN - the first regulatory-approved transferable digital currency and NFTs.
You will partner closely with product and engineering teams to ensure a seamless, integrated experience for crypto native and non-crypto users alike across NFTs, Crypto tokens, and digital assets for the metaverse. You will lead the technical evaluation of blockchains, wallets, scaling solutions, smart contracts and other systems native to Web 3.
- Partner with existing blockchain contract engineers & partners to execute on the product roadmap related to NFTs and crypto tokens.
- Develop the architectural framework to integrate across across multiple blockchain technologies (web 3 wallets, Ethereum, Layer 2 scaling solutions, decentralized storage, etc) & traditional gaming & operational systems
- Contribute to our long-term technical and product strategy around next generation metaverses and crypto-centric economies
- Facilitate short-term prioritization and long-term planning to meet ambitious growth goals
- Make data-driven but informed decisions to help the team meet goals efficiently
- Encourage the engineering team to follow best practices and to deliver high-quality work
- Build an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative culture where everyone does their best work
- Recruit & develop a team of blockchain engineers to work at the intersection of gaming and crypto
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or another field involving programming (e.g. mathematics, physics)
- 10+ years experience in software/infrastructure/high throughput systems
- 5+ years experience in people management experience on an engineering team
- 2+ years experience with blockchain technologies (smart contracts, mining, staking, track record of cross-functional collaboration and successful outcomes
- Managed teams at startups, especially through rapid growth and change
- (Preferred) First-hand experience working on NFTs & the Ethereum blockchain
- Experience in both Blockchain and Gaming
VCOIN is is the first transferable digital currency that easily lets users buy, gift, hold, earn and convert earnings to real money for the real world. Created by IMVU, the world’s largest avatar social platform, and built on Ethereum blockchain, VCOIN is an ERC-20 token that can be exchanged both inside the IMVU platform, and for the first time, off of the platform.
Together Labs innovates technologies that empower people worldwide to connect, create and earn in virtual worlds. Our mission is to redefine social media as a catalyst for authentic human connection through the development of a family of products grounded in this core value. These include: IMVU, the world's largest friendship discovery and social platform; VCOIN, the first regulatory-approved transferable digital currency; and WithMe, an upcoming mobile platform built on insights from the science of friendship. For more information, please visit https://togetherlabs.com/
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Together Labs is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. Together Labs is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners, and Best Buy Capital.
Together Labs (formerly IMVU) has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
How to Apply:
Please familiarize yourself with our products and feel free to try out our core product at https://www.imvu.com/
Together Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion. Our unique differences enable us to learn, collaborate, and grow together. We welcome all applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.