Together Labs | Redwood City, CA | Full Time
Redwood City, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Together Labs is looking for an Art Director to lead the production art team as we build out a new mobile virtual world game. A strong leader with excellent communication and technical skills will align the efforts of the Art Leads and work with Engineering to push the envelope of what Unreal Engine can do on mobile phones.
- Manage and develop a 3D Artist team
- Collaborate with Lead Developers and Technical Artists to develop the pipeline and the tools needed to successfully complete the art production
- Oversee and organize the art production to meet quality requirements through art asset review, directing, and oversight of the production process while respecting technical, time and budget constraints
- Work closely with Engineering and Technical Artists to deliver performant assets on mobile
- Understand and articulate art and design trade-offs; solve for best player experience
- Collaborate on process and product with designers, product managers, producers, engineers and QA in addition to the artists
- Shipped at least one 3D mobile title as an Art Director or equivalent with oversight of quality, scheduling, and implementation of the art
- At least 7 years of game art production experience, including 2+ years of art direction experience on mobile games
- Unreal Engine 4 mobile game development experience
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining the technical requirements for authoring art for a mobile platform
- A thorough understanding of 3D art pipelines, capacities and technical constraints related to art on mobile and different game engines
- Strong communication and collaboration skills especially with fellow artists, engineers and product
- Thorough knowledge of 3D art including tech art, modeling, texturing, characters, environments, rigging, animation and visual effects to author production-ready game art
- Strong leader who has hired exceptionally talented artists and helped them learn and grow through constructive art feedback and coaching
Nice to Have
- Understanding of displacement maps for body scaling/morphing
- Skilled in using Blend Shapes for facial deformation and animating expressions
Please provide CV & Portfolio / Work samples
Together Labs innovates technologies that empower people worldwide to connect, create and earn in virtual worlds. Our mission is to redefine social media as a catalyst for authentic human connection through the development of a family of products grounded in this core value. These include: IMVU, the world's largest friendship discovery and social platform; VCOIN, the first regulatory-approved transferable digital currency; and WithMe, an upcoming mobile platform built on insights from the science of friendship. For more information, please visit https://togetherlabs.com/
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Together Labs is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. Together Labs is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
Together Labs (formerly IMVU) has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please familiarize yourself with our products and feel free to try out our core product at https://www.imvu.com/
Together Labs is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.