Sr. Systems / Sr. Dev Ops Engineer
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Sr. Systems / Sr. Dev Ops Engineer
REPORTS TO: Sr. Systems Engineer
CONTACT: Jerome Helton | [[redacted]] | m: 310-564-6448
TigerText Inc. is the #1 leader in secure, real-time messaging. We provide healthcare establishments a much-needed and required HIPAA compliant solution that offers security, accountability and productivity that SMS text-messaging and communication platforms such as email cannot.
Located in Santa Monica, the heart of Silicon Beach, TigerText is rapidly disrupting the tech and healthcare industries changing the way an entire industry communicates.
TigerText is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Systems / Dev Ops Engineer with a passion for building and running scalable systems. This person will join a fast-paced SaaS and mobile development team and apply technology to advance communication in a variety of industries, healthcare to start. The ideal candidate will effectively work cross functionally with an integrated team of developers, product managers, product owners and system analysts to ensure our engine runs smoothly and stays awesome.
- EDUCATION: BA/BS preferred or equivalent work experience.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimal experience required but if no experience, then a BS in Computer Science, or related degree.
- Experience supporting SaaS, Mobile Application or Cloud related services preferred.
- Possess some experience with Windows and Linux OS support. Fluency with Linux is a big plus!
- Familiar with applications/software products and tools for monitoring, diagnosing and troubleshooting of network and server issues (i.e. Nagios/Gomez/etc.)
- Hands-on experience with cloud management software: Puppet, Chef, Salt, Fabric, Capistrano (AWS, Rackspace, etc.).
- Have some experience automating repetitive tasks to increase efficiency using Shell, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, and/or PHP is a plus.
- Familiar with virtualization and IAAS deployments experience a big plus.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Must have a high level of detail orientation, task-driven and have excellent communication skills (verbal/written/interpersonal).
- A collaborative individual who enjoys working in a team environment, but also able to get things done on their own and work autonomously with minimal or no supervision.
- A limitless amount of energy to instill into the TigerText culture.
- Hands-on, self-disciplined, results-oriented individual who knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Prime office space located in sunny Santa Monica with a loaded fridge
- An opportunity to work closely with proven executive team, board and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigertext.com/about)
- An environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture and has fun
- Team members love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help our Clients and support the Company’s rapid growth
- TigerText is the industry leader in secured messaging
- This is a full time opportunity with competitive salary and generous medical benefits
TigerText is an Equal Opportunity Employer.