Sr. Android Software Developer
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
LOCATION: Santa Monica preferred, will also consider Palo Alto, CA
TITLE: Sr. Android Software Developer
REPORTS TO: Director of Mobile Applications
TigerText Inc. is the #1 leader in secure, real-time messaging. We provide healthcare establishments a much-needed and required HIPAA compliant solution that offers security, accountability and productivity that SMS text-messaging and communication platforms such as email cannot.
Headquarterted in Santa Monica, the heart of Silicon Beach, TigerText is rapidly disrupting the tech and healthcare industries changing the way an entire industry communicates.
TigerText Android Team has immediate opportunities for extremely talented software developers who want their lines of code to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, company’s bottom line and the industry. You will be working with world-class engineers building a secure, real-time messaging application and mobile SDKs for enabling partners to build custom applications powered by TigerText’s secure messaging infrastructure.
- Develop and architect features that run on Android devices
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Write unit tests, fix bugs
- Be insanely curious about how existing code works
- Work closely with product managers and UX team to take an idea from concept to delivery
- Participate in daily stand up and sprint / release planning meetings.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Choose really clear names for variables, methods, classes, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Java and the Android SDK
- Thorough understanding of synchronous vs. asynchronous calls (threading, synchronization, AsyncTasks, etc)
- Good understanding of the key differences between Android OS versions
- Basic Git experience.
- Good understanding of XML layouts for multiple devices, and the ability to create a basic, resolution independent layout from a specification without assistance.
- Discipline for self learning and improvement (even if you make mistakes along the way).
- Love simplicity and elegance, hate complexity and hacks.
- Excellent language and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Developed at least one complete network-based Android app, available in the Play
- +1 if you're already using Android Studio, but Eclipse is cool too
- We all use Macs around here, so knowing your way around Mac / *nix is good, but Windows is fine too :-).
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology (e.g. Scrum)
TigerText provides secure, real-time mobile messaging for the enterprise, empowering organizations to work more securely. More than 5,000 locations and four of the top five largest for-profit health systems in the nation, including Universal Health Services, rely on TigerText to meet compliance regulations and replace unsecured SMS text messaging that leaves protected or confidential information at risk. With over 4.5 million app downloads, TigerText has been featured in Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Inc., Business Insider and many other leading business and tech publications. It is recognized as one of the 50 LA Tech Startups to Watch in 2015, a top Must-See LA Tech Office, and one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur. TigerText currently has over 125 employees with offices in Santa Monica, Palo Alto, and Tel Aviv, Israel.
- TigerText is the largest enterprise messenger in the US
- Join our team in making major and much-needed changes in the way billion- dollar, life changing industries work
- Prime office space in the three major tech ecosystems of the world - Santa Monica, Silicon Valley, and Tel Aviv - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks
- An opportunity to work closely with proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigertext.com/about)
- An environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture and has fun
- Team members love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help our clients and support the company’s rapid growth
- This is a full time opportunity with competitive salary and medical benefits
TigerText is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerText without first entering into a written contract with TigerText will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.