iOS Software Engineer
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: iOS Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Client Engineering
The TigerText iOS Team has immediate opportunities for extremely talented software developers who want their lines of code to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company’s bottom line, and the healthcare industry. You will be working with world-class engineers building a secure, real-time messaging application and workflow optimization tool that makes physicians and nurses more efficient, and ultimately save more lives.
What You'll Own:
- Develop and architect features that leverage the latest iOS technologies, such as extensions, inter-app communication and more.
- Delight users with Core Animation.
- Work with Core Data in a multithreaded environment.
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Write unit tests, fix bugs
- Be insanely curious about how existing code works and how to innovate on top of it.
- Work closely with product managers and UX team to take an idea from concept to delivery
- Participate in daily stand up and sprint / release planning meetings.
What You Bring to the Table:
- 2-4 years of professional iOS development experience.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming in a constrained mobile environment.
- Be hungry for optimization and how to push the hardware to its limits.
- Know how to pull, push, branch and merge with Git
- Be smart enough to realize what you don't know, and then go learn it
- Admit your mistakes (it's cool, we all make them) and learn from them
- Love simplicity and elegance, hate complexity and hacks
- Excellent communication skills via email, IM, conference calls, and in-person
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Developed at least one complete network-based iOS app, available in the App Store.
- Good understanding of localization issues on the device
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology (e.g. Scrum)
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerText helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerText continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watchby Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerText currently has over 125 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigertext.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerText is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerText without first entering into a written contract with TigerText will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.