iOS Software Developer Intern
Internships | Santa Monica, CA | Internship
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: iOS Software Developer Intern
Our Summer Internship is 9 weeks long during the months of June through August in 2018. It is designed to give you real-world, hands-on experience. You will work alongside experienced developers in customizing our mobile software to our clients. This is one of our many invaluable opportunities within our Software Development Team. Be part of a team where you will be involved in day to day activities and have an impact.
What You'll Own:
As an iOS Software Developer Intern you will be working in specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modifying/maintaining applications that may be customized or standardized. You will be responsible for participating in design and coding activities with other staff members. Must maintain and modify existing applications on their own as well as under directions from senior staff members. Perform maintenance programming for existing version. Perform custom programming at request.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Graduating within December 2018 and June 2020 with a BS in Computer Science or related field.
- A cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0
- Previous experience in working with iOS programming; Objective –C, Swift, iOS platform
- Be able to work out of our headquarters located in Santa Monica, CA
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members.
- Ability to interface well with Professional Service staff and other non-technical members of the organization.
- Demonstrate aptitude for learning new technologies
- Be a team player
- Commit to interning during the period of June-August
What You've Accomplished:
- Developed at least one iOS app, available in the App Store
- Would have taken Mobile Development or related course work
- Knowledge in Objective-C or Swift
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerText helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerText continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watchby Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerText currently has over 125 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigertext.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
TigerText is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerText without first entering into a written contract with TigerText will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.