Finance & Operations | Santa Monica, CA | Full Time
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Sr. Accountant / Manager
REPORTS TO: VP of Finance
TigerText is seeking an experienced and driven Sr. Accountant/Manager to join our Finance & Operations team in sunny Santa Monica. An ideal candidate's background would include a CPA license gained through public accounting experience complemented with revenue accounting/accounts receivable experience within relevant industries. This position would have one direct report with opportunity for upward mobility down the road. The Sr. Accountant/Manager reports directly to the VP of Finance.
What You'll Own:
- Perform monthly revenue close activities, including preparation of revenue, accounts receivable, deferred revenue and commission related journal entries
- Review customer contracts for revenue recognition implications and manage revenue and deferred revenue on a monthly basis
- Manage equity related journal entries (including stock option expense accounting), and debt related accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of assigned accounts
- Drive revenue optimization initiatives and revenue special projects
- Establish and monitor the implementation and ongoing adherence and improvement of accounting control procedures and documentation
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Assist in the identification and resolution of accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Participate in the financial statement audit and preparation of required audit support schedules
- Manage billing analyst who oversees invoices, billing schedules, revenue schedules and manages all customer interactions as it relates to billing and collections, including following up with clients with past due invoices
- Provide support to VP of Finance as needed including ad-hoc reporting and data queries
What You Bring to the Table:
- B.S/B.A. in Accounting or Finance
- Two to five years of experience in a revenue and accounting environment, receivable and sales tax a plus
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- CPA preferred or strong working knowledge of US GAAP, with a focus on revenue recognition (ASC 605 and ASC 606)
- Experience in SaaS preferred
- Excellent proficiency with Excel
- Experience with Netsuite, Avalara, Xactly and SalesForce a plus
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerText helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerText continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watchby Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerText currently has over 125 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigertext.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerText is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerText without first entering into a written contract with TigerText will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.