Director of Business Development
Sales | Remote - National Position | Full Time
LOCATION: Remote, National Position
TITLE: Director of Business Development
REPORTS TO: VP, of Channel and Business Development
TigerConnect is seeking a Director of Business Development to to serve as a key member of the Channel and Business Development team and help build a large ecosystem of partners in North America. This person will identify, recruit, enable, and support product, integration, and strategic partnerships that improve the TigerConnect end-customer experience, increase the solution offerings and identify new revenue products.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience within the healthcare technology landscape to quickly understand partner benefits, ability to conduct product, market and company analysis to assess financial impacts and feasibility for each partnership, and the influence skills and patience required to launch and manage multiple successful joint partnerships. This position reports to the Vice President of Channel and Business Development.
What You'll Own:
- Identify, recruit, enable and manage long-term relationships with partners (Product, Integration, and Strategic Partners) to support business goals and to execute partner strategies.
- Build and maintain market analysis of potential partners, leveraging internal and external data to establish priority ranking and overall impact.
- Identify existing or potential pilots at client sites, producing case studies to highlight solution benefits, and educating your peers about the solution
- Develop deep understanding of TigerConnect’s platform, service and offering to support partners in sales efforts.
- Work cross functionally with solution design (sales engineering), product and engineering teams to understand common customer requests and market needs.
- Effectively position TigerConnect as the thought leader for clinical communications and collaboration across the partner organizations, while leveraging internal & external resources.
- Formulate, implement and review nurturing and growth programs by jointly creating multi-year strategic plans, that may include joint product enhancements, expansion into new markets, or improving partnership operations
- Effectively use Salesforce to track, develop and report work with ecosystem partners and sales
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Up to 25% travel is required
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: partner management and sales, business or corporate development, business strategy, healthcare IT sales.
- Prior experience building technical partnerships in healthcare with successful track record of quickly understanding partner goals, their competitive position, and benefits to solution like TigerConnect
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external stakeholders to secure alignment for partnership vision and the resources to ensure partnership success
- Passion for healthcare and healthcare technology, including emerging trends around mobile solutions, APIs and platform business models
- Knowledge of key vendors across the healthcare technology landscape: EHRs, interface engines, and even emerging categories (API platforms)
- Deep experience working cross-functionally with sales, sales engineering, and product teams to launch technical partnerships
- Proven track record in identifying, building and managing complex business partnerships that involve revenue generation and product integration.
- Exceptional track record of leveraging partnerships to build and close deals by working across all levels of the organization, from sales & marketing to the executive teams.
- Demonstrable history of closing partner sales deals directly and via the channel at or above established quarterly goals.
- High degree of initiative, resourcefulness, self-motivation, strategic thinking with strong analytic skills and technology background
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerConnect helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerConnect continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watchby Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerConnect currently has over 125 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan
TigerConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to TigerConnect without first entering into a written contract with TigerConnect will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.