Operations | any town, IL
Serving some of the largest most complex agencies in the world, Tiburon, Inc. is one of the country’s leading providers of integrated public safety solutions. The company has developed, implemented, and supported automated information solutions for the public safety community continuously since 1980.
Tiburon’s suite of products includes computer aided dispatch, records management, court and probation software systems for law enforcement, fire and rescue, and corrections agencies. Since its inception, Tiburon’s mission has focused exclusively on the development, implementation, and continued support of these mission-critical systems.
Tiburon is proud of its tremendous success. Success has fueled the growth and development of the company. Our infrastructure includes technical staff, regional office locations, and superior products and services, as well as the financial portfolio necessary to sustain growth. Tiburon continues to invest in research and development to obtain the best technology and depth of functionality in the industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and designs effective training courses for a software development organization.
- Assists with the design of curricula, course outlines, materials, syllabi, abstracts, and training logistics.
- Facilitates the development of course content by working with subject matter experts.
- Delivers some course material and trains public safety professionals for classes consisting of approximately 10 attendees or more.
- Provide set-up, testing and operations training for public safety applications and sub-systems to client and internal trainees.
- Act as a knowledge resource for clients and internal Project Managers, Account Managers, Technicians, and Resources.
- Assist Technicians in the triage and completion of public safety application related Technical Service Requests.
- Assist Project Manager throughout the lifespan of public safety application projects that could include the following tasks: assessment of client needs, developing, customizing, and updating training plans and curriculum, testing of applications, initial product table building and tailoring, reviewing of potential customizations, and supervisory, administrative, and user training in public safety operations.Assist with the identification, design and development of new training modules and associated course materials as described.
- Assist with the identification, design and development of new training modules and associated course materials as described.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, or a technical field.
- 2 to 3 years of public safety or related public administration field and training/instructional experience preferably in the areas of stand up training and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, retain, and transfer software related information and knowledge.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, diplomacy, and tact.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to utilize those skills as and with remote staff.
- Ability to work independently with proven good judgment and analytical skills on projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of basic software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel extensively up to 80% of the time, including occasional prolonged trips.
- Experience in the area of customer relationships and acting as a liaison.
- Working knowledge of customer support software.
- Public Safety Experience employment experience working with records management systems, jail management systems, dispatch management systems, and/or EMS & Fire management systems is strongly preferred
- General office environment is primarily sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: standing, sitting, walking, reaching, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Exposure to CRT is frequent; on a daily basis.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- During periods of travel this position may require additional lifting and carrying of equipment up to twenty-five pounds in weight. Aircraft and automobile traveling for extended periods of time.
- This position may require long hours and weekend work.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.