Bookkeeper and Office Admin
Finance | Nevada City, CA | Part Time
Thrive Society seeks a part-time Bookkeeper who will support our new company in Nevada City. The position is expected to turn into a full-time commitment not long after launch.
We are a startup distribution and manufacturing business. The complexity of our internal systems and the multitude of diverse transactions truly demands a rockstar bookkeeper with an eagle eye for details and the creative mind to work through challenges and help the company develop healthy internal bookkeeping practices as we grow our business.
This position is responsible for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, reconciling the company accounts, and providing clerical support to the Accounting Department. The Bookkeeper will report to the Accountant and CFO.
Hourly rate of pay is negotiable based upon experience. We also plan to offer a full benefits package. Lots of room to grow with us.
- Create and review invoices daily/weekly
- Review and approve quotes for Wholesale Department
- Enter new accounts and items into accounting system as needed
- Properly record all cash and banking deposits in accounting system; direct correspondence as needed
- Review and evaluate A/R Report weekly; send past due payment notices, hold notifications, and statements to customers
- Record bills for cash/checks, ACH’s, and auto-debits into accounting system; correspond with vendors regarding invoice and statement discrepancies
- Bill pay planning for all vendor payments, company purchases including travel, wholesale equipment orders, supplies
- Additional cash and transfer planning for company bank accounts
- Process bill pay, print bill payments/checks
- Send payment notifications to vendors
- Collate proper payments/checkstubs with bills and file processed bill payments and check stubs in vendor files
- Set up auto-debits with vendors
- Research uncashed checks and contact vendors
- Submit online payments and process ACH’s
RECONCILIATION & GENERAL LEDGER
- Import and code daily debits and credits for all accounts
- Facilitate sales entry
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Enter charges and reconcile credit card statements monthly
- Record and process employee reimbursements
- Other month-end closing processes as directed
- Payroll processing and tax submittal
- Assist with budget v. actual reporting
- Provide other managers with periodic reporting as directed by CFO
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, which will include compliance with State, Federal, and City taxes policies, procedures, and regulations
GENERAL DEPARTMENT TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
- Order office supplies and maintains an inventory of supplies.
- Sort and distribute mail
- Assist with general office administration including paperwork related to hiring/HR
- Data input and updating of all records of vendors, clients, and of the firm and its employees.
- Arrange travel itineraries and meetings, as necessary.
- Run occasional errands.
- Retrieve and distribute mail and packages.
- Manage and organize emails efficiently
- Maintain historical records by filing documents and managing storage process
- Create new files/systems as needed or required
- Adhere to all company policies and protocols
NEW SYSTEMS IMPLEMENTATION
- Assist with implementation of inventory management system
- Create workflow around cash handling and payroll processing
- Create workflow for Sales Reps expense reporting
- Review and record payroll and audit payroll related benefit bills
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with managers, all staff, vendors, and retail customers
- Very organized and able to prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to accuracy
- Self-directed and independent, with the ability to work closely with team members
- Open to incorporating new manual and technological tools to improve job efficiency
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality
- Is resourceful in challenging situations
- Is motivated, positive, flexible, professional, and dedicated
- Living within driving distance of Nevada City, CA
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred and/or QuickBooks certification or 3+ years of relevant experience in a professional, high-volume office environment
- Experience with Integrations like Gusto, bill.com, Amex, Expensify etc
- Ability to learn online database programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, email, and calendar management
- Must have the maturity to use discretion and diplomacy in all aspects of the job
- Ability to grow from part-time to full-time Monday through Friday