Operations | Columbia, SC | Full Time
About The Company:
Our client, a regional southeast based residential general contractor, is in the process of building the “A-Team”. We are searching for an experienced Construction Estimator. The position will gather and analyze financial data to estimate and allocate costs for a current and/or proposed product.
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits, including:
- Paid holidays
- Vacation (2 weeks in first year, increases with years of service)
- 401K plan with company match
- Individual health insurance coverage
- Individual dental insurance coverage
- Group disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement for business travel
Requirements for the Construction Estimator position:
- Previous experience in estimating jobs greater than $20mm in value.
- Experience with the residential building industry.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Ability to read and analyze construction drawings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Above average organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of cost accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to create forecasts based on financial data.
- Strong proficiency with accounting software and cost software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Job Duties and Expectations:
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Construction/Project Management formatted projects.
- Provide clear detailed quantity take offs.
- Organize sub-contractors’ quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders.
- Complete Budgeting and Scheduling for projects and track same.
- Ensure site personnel are provided with proper documentation related to project.
- Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and clients.
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labor costing.
- Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of field experience within residential construction industry.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.