Digital | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Threadless is made up of creatives from all over the world who come together to make great art.
We started with just tees, but tons of products make great canvases. While we work with partners to find these canvases for our artists, it’s our community who makes and picks the best art for us to offer. Whether it’s voted-on art at Threadless.com or designs artists choose to include on their very own Artist Shops, when you buy from us, you support great art. The weird art. The geeky art. The beautiful art.
Threadless. Make Great Together
About This Role:
The Threadless digital team is building the world's best platform for artists to share and sell their art. We are growing and adding an additional web developer to our 8 person team. We work in an open floor plan office that's covered in amazing urban art, in the center of Chicago's West Loop Neighborhood.
Threadless is a Python shop. We're using Django with Threadless.com and for our Artist Shops platform. Our API is built on top of the Flask framework. To handle our asynchronous work, we have a distributed task queue system which has been built with Celery. We're an agile team that's focused on enhancing Threadless.com and our growing Artist Shops platform. Our technology helps hundreds of thousands of artists create and sell amazing products to millions of people.
If you're interested in coding, solving problems, collaborating, learning, and building kick ass products then we'd love to hear from you.
· Experience building or modifying a website
· Basic familiarity with open source web development
· Desire to grow your skills and learn from other Digital team members
Bonus Points For:
· Experience with Python, specifically the Django and Flask frameworks
· Interest or experience in both the front end and back end web technologies
· Interest or experience using and building APIs
· Understanding of source control technology. We use git
· Any contributions to open source projects
· Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services, or other cloud hosting services
· Love of software engineering practices like: test driven development, continuous integration, pair programming, and code reviews
· Examples of launched projects
· Full benefits package and matching 401k plan
· Unlimited vacation policy and flexible schedules, including the ability to work remotely
· Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
· Access to conferences and continued education
· Tons of free Threadless merchandise
· Work in a casual environment with talented, innovative people
· Video games in the office, canine co-workers, table tennis, foosball, kegerators, bottomless LaCroix, endless snacks and catered Monday breakfasts
· Fitness program reimbursements
· Mass transit benefits