UX Architect / Interaction Designer
Experience and Ecommerce | Chicago, IL
Threadless is looking for a passionate interaction designer to join the tight-knit team at our Chicago HQ and design the user experience of key projects for Threadless.com and beyond.This is a full-time position and will report to the Director of User Experience.
Acting as an advocate for the people using our sites, apps, etc.
Designing and documenting kick-ass experiences that make the Threadless ethos tangible.
Working closely with our ecommerce, creative, marketing, community, production, and technology departments to oversee the user experience of features/functions from idea to launch (and beyond).
Turning goals, strategy, and brand ideas into useful and usable features and functionality, then developing documentation appropriate to the project. (May include sketches, wireframes, prototypes, specs, stories, interpretive dance, etc.)
- 2+ years experience designing interfaces on a variety of projects
- Fluency in UX/IA documentation and agility in adapting to project needs
- Strong communication skills and unstoppable desire to collaborate
- Flexible approach to problem-solving, and the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Dedication to craft, quality, and detail
- Passion for what Threadless is and what it can be
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with commerce, community, and mobile web/apps
- Familiarity w/ Agile (or agile) development
- Visual design and/or developer background
- Experience with design research and user testing
- Experience w/ analytics and optimization
Actual juggling ability (or unicycling, etc. really anything carnie)
We're not your average company.
Founded in 2000, Threadless is great people from all over the world who come together to make great art. Tees are one way we've found to share the art created and chosen by our community, and we're expanding into many more canvases. We started with tees, but we're expanding into other great products, and seek out like-minded partners in support of sharing our art. The weird art. The geeky art. The beautiful art. So when you buy from us, you support great art. And when you join us, you're supporting great art in the biggest way possible!
And it’s not your average workplace.
You wished you worked here. We’re often cited as a great/cool/model place to work. We’re about making great things together, not hierarchies. You’ll find tremendous opportunity, but the ball’s in your court to make something of it. No prima donnas, please.
Employee benefits include medical, vision, and dental coverage, 401(k), paid time off, transit benefit program, reimbursement towards gym and recreational activities, and more.
- Free tees every month
- Breakfast on Mondays
- Beer every other Thursday
- Love from Threadstaff dogs
- Sometimes there are cupcakes
- Must live in the Chicagoland area or be willing to relocate. Sorry, no relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Threadless is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- Don’t call us, we’ll call you. Tho come to think of it, we’ll probably email you.