Software Engineer - Python Django and Flask
Digital | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Threadless is made up of creatives from all over the world who come together to make great art.
We started with just tees, but tons of products make great canvases. While we work with partners to find these canvases for our artists, it’s our community who makes and picks the best art for us to offer. Whether it’s voted-on art at Threadless.com or designs artists choose to include on their very own Artist Shops, when you buy from us, you support great art. The weird art. The geeky art. The beautiful art. More importantly, here at Threadless, we feel that art plays a meaningful role in driving progress and creating cultural change.
While we're based in Chicago, having first opened our doors in 2000, we’re currently moving toward being a remote-first company, giving our employees the flexibility to do their best work from anywhere. A healthy work/life balance is incredibly important to us.
Threadless. Make Great Together
About This Role:
The Threadless Digital team is building the world's best platform for artists to share and sell their art. We are growing and adding an additional software engineer to our seven-person team.
Threadless is a Python shop. We're using Django with Threadless.com and for our Artist Shops platform. Our API is built on top of the Flask framework. To handle our asynchronous work, we have a distributed task queue system which has been built with Celery.
We're an agile team that's focused on growing the Artist Shops platform and enhancing Threadless.com. Our technology helps hundreds of thousands of artists create and sell amazing products to millions of people.
If you're interested in coding, solving problems, collaborating, learning, and building industry leading products then we'd love to hear from you.
- BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience developing large web applications
- Expertise with Python, Django and Flask frameworks preferred
- Experience writing scalable and efficient code for large production web applications
- Full stack engineering: front end and back end experience
- A deep understanding of Github
- Adding features to large production Django applications
- Working with Amazon Web Services, or other cloud hosting services
- Experience optimizing the performance of web applications
- Writing Elasticsearch queries
- Quality contributions to open source projects
- Hands-on experience refactoring production code
- Love of software engineering practices like: test driven development, continuous integration, pair programming, and code reviews
- Examples of launched projects
- Work in a casual environment with talented, innovative people
- Full benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k participation with access to a financial advisor
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness program reimbursements
- Access to conferences and continued education
- Tons of free Threadless merchandise
How To Apply:
Along with your resume, we highly recommend including a cover letter telling us a little bit about yourself. Be sure to include answers to the following questions:
- Why are you a good fit for this role?
- Why are you excited about working at Threadless?
- Why are you passionate about technology and building web applications?
Our Commitment To Our Employees:
Threadless is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or military status. Threadless is a diverse, global community of artists and we believe that a diverse team helps build and support a great community with creatives from all over the world and all different backgrounds coming together to make great art.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions as associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.