Merchandiser - Partnerships
Production | Chicago, IL
About This Role:
The product merchandising team is responsible for all of the amazing products that Threadless produces and sells on threadless.com and to our wholesale partners, from the initial idea for a new product all the way through its last sale. We’re looking for a creative-thinking yet detail-oriented merchant to join our team, driving product development and design curation for each of the partners that we work with, with a particular eye for meeting the needs of and exceeding the expectations of our partner when it comes to quality of product and execution.
What You’ve Got:
- At least 2-3 years of apparel wholesale merchandising, retail buying, and/or product development and production experience; a good understanding of the apparel production process and timelines is a definite plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
What You’ll Do:
- Build the product development and artwork curation calendar for each new partnership, in collaboration with the Partnerships team, the client, and the Threadless Product Creative, Product Development, Community & Creative teams.
- Drive execution against those calendars, ensuring timelines & deadlines for product development & design curation are met for each partnership by working closely with each member of the cross functional team. This includes selection of artwork, fine-tuning the design assortment presentation, ensuring that we’ve obtained approval from our community of artists, and making sure that final production artwork is provided to the manufacturer on time.
- Read and understand the partner & the partner’s customer; become the Threadless resident “expert” on each partnership. Analyze selling reports, research trend, competitive info, correspond with the client where needed to refine and understand needs, and then disseminate that information clearly and succinctly to the product creative team to help them make well-informed design decisions.
- Have a thorough understanding of each client’s production and fulfillment requirements, and work closely with the partner, our product development and production team, and the manufacturer to ensure that Threadless ships to our customers correctly, on time and on quality.
What You’re Like:
- DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS! You know that any one missed item can result in a late delivery, a profit-draining expense, or an unhappy customer, and you take pleasure in making sure that all the t’s have been crossed and the i’s have been dotted.
- You’re a communicator. In this role, you’re the hub of a wheel with many, many spokes, and clear and efficient internal and external communication is critical to success.
- You’re flexible but driven. You can work collaboratively with all sorts of personality types to overcome roadblocks, fix broken processes, and help create them where none existed before.
- You dig calendars. You see the big picture; how and when each role fits into the process to keep things running smoothly.
We're people from all over the world who come together to make great art.
We started with tees, but tons of products make great canvases. We work with partners to find these canvases for our artists, but it's our community who makes and picks the best art. The weird art. The geeky art. The beautiful art. So when you buy from us, you support great art.
Threadless. Make Great Together.
Some things to keep in mind:
- No phone calls, please
- Must live in the Chicagoland area or be willing to relocate
- We'd love to get to know you more, so feel free to personalize your application.
- Please include a cover letter briefly connecting the dots from your current experience to this key role at Threadless
- Threadless is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)