International Sales Director
Partnerships / Business Development | Chicago, IL
About this role:
Threadless is looking for an experienced and talented sales professional to manage the company's International sales (wholesale and direct to retail) business. The right candidate will have current and established buyer contacts with international retail apparel chains across multiple tiers. Focused territories include Western Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America. This position will work directly with the head of partnerships to further define and execute Threadless’ international sales strategy.
- Develop an agile international sales strategy.
- Grow regional/local sales representatives concurrent with executing deals in respective territories.
- Identify, connect and execute on new and/or established leads for all global territories. Focusing primarily on Europe and Asia with a further emphasis on Latin America.
- Product development. Research and/or provide information on local markets for current and upcoming trends relevant to targeted channels. Support internal product development and merchandizing teams with necessary information to create great products with strong sell-throughs.
- Develop additional strategies to maximum growth in target regions.
- Create internal and external calendars on all accounts to meet timely deliveries across all functions.
- Finance. P/L responsibility for international division. Establish and manage international sales and expense budgets. Provide quarterly and annual sales reports to ensure success.
- Work closely with creative and marketing teams to execute and implement international marketing strategies across all channels such as in-store to digital.
- A minimum of 7+ years experience as International Sales manager/director in a comparable industry. Must have extensive international travel experience and strong ability to understand cultural nuances across regions in business.
- Proven track record of selling and closing deals with international retailers.
- Established network of current relationships with apparel buyers in Western Europe, Asia and/or Latin America.
- Multi-lingual preferred. German, French, Spanish and/or Mandarin a plus.
- Strong relationships builder.
- Able to travel internationally between 30% to 50% of the year.
- Undergraduate degree or higher with a focus in business or a related discipline, with a fine mastery Microsoft office, iWork, Google Docs and Apple Mac OS a plus.
What you're like:
- Energetic. High energy level and enthusiasm for the position and opportunity.
- Entrepreneurial. Have the gumption to drive projects successfully.
- Analytical. Ability to gather relevant information and data to make quantified decisions.
- Flexible / Adaptable. Adapting one's approach as the requirements of a situation change. "Quick on your feet" thinking a big plus.
- Results and detailed oriented. Ability to achieve results, highly organized and complete tasks quickly.
- Hard working. Great work ethic.
Threadless is an online community of artists and friends. As the company explores new opportunities and canvases for its artists, it keeps true to the core of its business; anyone from any corner of the Internet can make and pick what Threadless sells. Since 2000, thousands of artists have submitted their work. And every single week, Threadless transforms their weird, geeky, and beautiful ideas into tangible art. Join our community of 2.2 million - make, pick, play, and shop fromThreadless.com and all our partners.
- No phone calls, please.
- Must live in the Chicagoland area or be willing to relocate.
- We'd love to get to know you more, so feel free to personalize your application.
- Please include a cover letter briefly connecting the dots from your current experience to this key role at Threadless.
Threadless is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).