International / New Markets Director
Marketing | Chicago, IL | Full Time
The 1.5M strong community of artists and design / t-shirt enthusiasts on Threadless.com is taking our business global. Last year we shipped Threadless products to customers in over 150 countries and year over year growth in some markets already exceeds 50%. We need an awesome person with a truly global perspective to help us follow where the community leads. If you have direct experience identifying and capitalizing on international growth opportunities for an internet retailer or other online business, we'd love to hear from you.
Develop a comprehensive internationalization strategy for Threadless.com
- develop metrics to track growth and opportunity by market
- develop market-specific customer insights: existing customers and new opps
- develop a strategy for capitalizing on low-hanging fruit by market
- identify growth barriers in key markets and drive strategy for resolving
Direct implementation of that strategy including:
- translate site into multiple languages via our third party provider
- work with site, production, customer service and fulfillment teams teams to resolve any ecommerce barriers to growth
- develop and coordinate a network of marketing resources in key markets
- collaborate with business development team on international partnerships
Provide market-driven insights into new product development
- research new audiences (global markets or other segments) to identify unmet/underdeveloped and adjacent product opportunities
- work with product and marketing teams to develop and execute strategies for key opportunities
Devise and implement holistic international strategy to address marketing, website and operations components
Research specific international markets, enhance ecommerce properties and address multichannel growth through partnerships and licensing deals
- Direct and proven experience with internationalizing e-commerce businesses, driving both strategy and execution
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter who thrives in an unstructured environment
- Hands-on market research experience
- Truly global perspective on marketing, e-commerce, social media, and fashion
- Multi-lingual skills a definite plus
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree preferred, Bachelor's degree required
- 4-6 years of related experience
- Free tees every month and a highly creative working environment
- Attractive benefits package
We're awesome people from all over the world who make mind-blowing art. Our process starts when a great idea is born in an artist's mind (that could be you, that could even be your grannie!). The artist submits their idea to our site, where our community of 1.5 million debates, discusses, and votes on that idea. If the idea gets a really good score, we make it into a tee, tote, hoody, or tube sock. (That last one isn't true...yet.) Then, as long as folks keeping buying that product, we keep rewarding that artist with loadsa money, prizes, and exposure.
So people who buy from us support great artists and their great ideas. Neat, huh?
- No phone calls, please
- Must live in the Chicagoland area or be willing to relocate
- We'd love to get to know you more, so feel free to personalize your application.
- Please include a cover letter briefly connecting the dots from your current experience to this key role at Threadless
Threadless is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).