Community Experience Manager
Customer Service | Remote in Chicago, IL | Full Time | From $55,000.00 to $68,000.00 per year
Threadless is a diverse, global community of independent artists and those who support them, with creatives from all over the world and different backgrounds coming together to make great art.
We started with just tees, but tons of products make great canvases. While we work with partners to find these canvases for our artists, it’s our community who makes and picks the best art for us to offer. Whether it’s voted-on art at Threadless.com or designs artists choose to include on their very own Artist Shops, when you buy from us, you support great art. The weird art. The geeky art. The beautiful art. More importantly, here at Threadless, we feel that art plays a meaningful role in driving progress and creating cultural change.
While we're based in Chicago, having first opened our doors in 2000, we are now a remote company, giving our employees the flexibility to do their best work from anywhere.
Threadless. Make Great Together
About our Community Experience Team
Threadless is built on a rock solid community. Our Community Experience team is responsible for supporting our community of international and diverse customers, artists, and designers. In doing this, our Community Experience team lives out the Threadless voice every day in their work- they naturally possess the upbeat attitude and friendly communication style found on Threadless to keep our community happy and vibrant.
Our Community Experience team is made up of 3 groups:
- Help Team: Supporting the Threadless site, community, and customers
- Artist Relations: Communicating with our Artist community, designers, and Artist Shop owners
- Shop Support: Helping Artist Shop owners and their customers
The Community Experience Manager is responsible for working closely with the Community Experience team and providing daily support to Customer Support representatives. Reporting to the VP of Brand Experience, you will be a Threadless subject matter expert, providing in-the-moment coaching and support to allow the team to deliver excellent service to our community of customers, artists, and designers.
This role will use problem-solving and people skills to support the internal and outsourced team through multiple channels, driving productivity while monitoring incoming contact volumes, SLAs, and prioritization to tackle the highest priority cases first. You will be required to have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be savvy in working with a variety of systems and technology. Your main objective is to offer the best experience possible for any person interacting with Threadless and Artist Shops, and you support and train our Customer Support team to do the same by offering hands-on support and guidance.
If you enjoy communicating, writing, and helping out people daily, we’d love to hear from you.
- Provide day-to-day support, subject matter expertise, and real-time coaching for the Customer Support team, motivating and supporting the team to resolve customer concerns.
- Stay present and available for team support, including monitoring communications, answering questions, and providing real-time feedback via Slack.
- Oversee the team to drive productivity via queue management.
- Serve as the first line of defense for escalations for the broader Support team.
- Escalate vendor communications required to resolve customer concerns.
- Stay up-to-date about and maintain the knowledgebase for Threadless products, services, features, and updates. Provide communication, training, and support to team members regarding these updates.
- Train any new hires and outsourced employees and maintain up-to-date training documentation.
- In partnership with your supervisor, be responsible for relevant team KPIs, including CSAT and Productivity metrics and provide interval updates to the team and the company.
- Promote a positive and friendly environment supporting good morale and cooperation.
- Build a sustainable and mutually beneficial relationship between customers, artists, and our brand.
- This role reports to the VP of Brand Experience.
- Professional, with leadership skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams in a remote work environment.
- Able to take direction and quickly learn new procedures, processes, and products. You are adaptable, learn quickly, and won’t be thrown by having to switch your focus or go off-script.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback and believe in a culture of continuous improvement as you work toward individual and departmental goals and help others do the same.
- Be proactive in identifying, resolving and communicating challenges with good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to work at a detailed level while maintaining an overall project perspective.
- Possess excellent follow-up capabilities, ability to prioritize and handle several projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable using technology; ideally familiar and experienced with e-commerce.
- Detail-oriented, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years e-commerce, online customer service management, with proven excellence and an overall understanding of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as computer/software skills.
- Familiarity with our company, culture, and e-commerce site with a passion for Threadless's design community and the opportunities that enable partners to harness the power of community-based design.
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- 401k participation
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness Benefit
- Monthly Product Stipend
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Company provided computer and other hardware/software
- Company retreats
How to Apply
Along with your resume, include a cover letter telling us a little bit about yourself. Be sure to also include answers to the questions below.
- Why would you be a good fit for this role?
- Why do you want to work at Threadless?
- How you first heard about Threadless.
Please include a cover letter briefly connecting the dots from your current experience to this key role at Threadless. We'd love to get to know you more, so feel free to personalize your application. Bonus points for creativity!
Our Commitment to our Employees
Threadless is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or military status. Threadless is a diverse, global community of artists and we believe that a diverse team helps build and support a great community with creatives from all over the world and all different backgrounds coming together to make great art.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions as associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.