Business Development Manager / Director
Partnerships / Business Development | Chicago, IL | Full Time
About this role:
Threadless is looking for a hard-working, energetic and talented business development manager (or director for the right candidate) to execute the company’s partnership strategy and complement the partnership team. The successful candidate will work closely with and report to the head of partnerships / BD. This individual will be responsible for researching, identifying, negotiating, managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of new and existing partners across multiple categories of business – online and offline.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - Execute the company's business development and partnership strategy by exploring and negotiating partnerships with online and offline partners.
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT – Set goals and manage relationships of new and existing partners as well as develop a keen understanding of partnership performance. Communicate effectively the findings of partner performance and develop proposed courses of action.
- OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT – Drive success into each partnership and collaboration by using best project management practices. Supervise operational integration of new partnerships throughout the organization by communicating, managing, and coordinating with the company's Product, Creative, Marketing, Community, Technology and Finance departments.
- DEAL ANALYSIS - Conduct financial and strategic analyses of the various partnerships the company is considering and communicate the findings to direct report and other members of the management team.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 4-year college degree; MBA preferred but not essential.
- At least 8 years of work experience.
- Retail, E-commerce and consumer Internet experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills. Able to interact effectively, confidently and credibly with senior colleagues as well as senior executives at a diverse range of companies.
- Skilled negotiator. Able to negotiate favorable deal points, mark up agreements and get deals over the finish line with limited support or reliance on lawyers.
- Solid financial background and ability to conduct analysis, interpret data and concisely communicate findings.
- Experience with project managing to aggressive timelines and able to work closely with multiple internal and external teams.
- Energetic. High energy level and enthusiasm for the position and opportunity.
- Entrepreneurial. Have the gumption to drive projects successfully.
- Analytical. Ability to gather relevant information and data to make quantified decisions.
- Flexible / Adaptable. Adapting one's approach as the requirements of a situation change. "Quick on your feet" thinking a big plus.
- Results and detail oriented. Ability to achieve results, highly organized and complete tasks quickly.
- Hard working. Great work ethic.
- You're passionate about Threadless' community-based design business model and opportunity to enable partners to harness the power of community-based design.
Threadless is an online community of artists and friends. As the company explores new opportunities and canvases for its artists, it keeps true to the core of its business; anyone from any corner of the Internet can make and pick what Threadless sells. Since 2000, thousands of artists have submitted their work. And every single week, Threadless transforms their weird, geeky, and beautiful ideas into tangible art. Join our community of 2.2 million - make, pick, play, and shop from Threadless.com and all our partners.
- No phone calls, please
- Must live in the Chicagoland area or be willing to relocate
- We'd love to get to know you more, so feel free to personalize your application.
- Please include a cover letter briefly connecting the dots from your current experience to this key role at Threadless
Threadless is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions as associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.