Sub-Contractor Procurement Manager
Construction | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
- The Sub-Contractor Procurement Manager will be responsible for recruitment, monitoring, training, shipping and receiving of all lumber, hardware and siding materials for all Thompson Thrift Watermark projects.
- Establish practices, policies and procedures for the most efficient means of tracking, procuring, staging and delivering building materials to Thompson Thrift project job sites.
- Build strong vendor partnerships and monitor vendor performance to ensure business expectations are being met.
- Establish the material takeoff before the start of each construction project separating costs for each cost code.
- Troubleshoot vendor or delivery issues, job site order discrepancies, damage & defective claims or miscellaneous job site problems as they relate to delivered materials.
- Work with project superintendents to coordinate material delivery schedules to ensure proper equipment and lay down areas are secured.
- Establish efficiencies and monitor material quantities to avoid material shortages/overages in the reload areas and each project work site.
- In the event of surplus material in the reload areas or job site, the Procurement Manager will establish the most effective and efficient methods to redistribute material to other work sites or to return to supplier.
- Confirm order acknowledgements from appropriate material vendors.
- Reconcile purchase orders to invoices and red-flag discrepancies to proper chain of command.
- Visit job sites and reload areas to review/inspect delivered materials to resolve quantity and quality control related issues.
- Two year college degree in Construction related field or comparable work experience in construction materials purchasing/procurement.
- Four year college degree in Construction related field preferred