Corporate | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking a Full-Time Staff Accountant to handle the day to day accounting functions for assigned Watermark Residential properties. In this position, your main duties will be to prepare monthly and/or quarterly financial statements, distribute financial statements to outside investors and lenders in a timely manner, ensure accuracy of all general ledger information and calculate required investor distributions
Additionally, you will work to prepare monthly loan draws for properties under development, review cost of completion and work with project managers with job cost requests, and work with the Controller to review insurance requirements for acquisitions, project turnover and dispositions.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Review property tax assessments for reasonableness and make recommendations to tax manager regarding appeals
- Update projections and accruals, and ensure all property taxes are paid in a timely manner.
- Assist property management with the preparation of annual budgets
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Real Estate Portfolio Summary and Market Value Balance Sheets
- Assist with special projects and other related duties that may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and real estate accounting software (Yardi or Sage 300 Timberline knowledge preferred).
- 2 years' experience working in Accounting.
- Public accounting experience/ real estate accounting experience preferred.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily ‘to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.’ As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?