Corporate Services | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking to hire a full-time Senior Paralegal to work out of the corporate office in Indianapolis, IN. The Senior Paralegal will primarily be responsible for assisting the three (3) attorneys in the Indianapolis office as well as working in coordination with team members in Terre Haute.
The position will assist in all areas of real estate development practice including the preparation of initial drafts of commercial leases and ancillary lease documents (lease amendments, lease assignments, MOLs) and declarations, preliminary preparation of multifamily purchase agreements, assisting in title and survey review for the Associate General Counsel, assisting the General Counsel in the drafting and tracking of organizational documents (including filing EIN’s for new corporate entities) and in the preparation and tracking of other legal documents and general business contracts as needed.
- Provide competent, efficient, prompt and cost-effective legal work by assisting Thompson Thrift’s Indianapolis attorneys in all areas, including, preparation of leases and ancillary lease documents and purchase and sale agreements, and assisting with acquisitions and development work with minimal supervision.
- Handle drafting, revising and blacklining of leases, amendments, terminations, subleases, assignments, purchase agreements, and reviews title, survey, leases and otherwise coordinates the performance of due diligence in connection with the Company’s activities for the purchase of land for development. Assist attorneys in negotiating leases. Prepare ancillary documents (such as easements) in connection with the development of real estate. Also involved in pre-disposition due diligence review to identify and anticipate issues that may arise when selling assets.
- Handle miscellaneous issues and matters as requested by attorneys and internal departments.
- Will work with Associate General Counsel and Thompson Thrift Commercial unit to process retail leases and to track same throughout the lease process.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned from time to time by the General Counsel or Associate General Counsel commensurate with superior skill levels.
- 2-Year Degree or Paralegal Certificate, or 4-Year Degree (Preferred)
- 5+ years of real estate paralegal experience (law firm or in-house). 3+ years of experience in Retail Leasing or Transactions a plus.
- Working knowledge of fundamental real estate transactions and transaction documents including leases, declarations, purchase and sale agreements and related documents, title and survey documents, easements and operating agreements.
- Proven success in managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Proficiency with title and survey review and standard transaction closing processes is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the aptitude to interface with colleagues at all levels by virtue of professional competence, personal integrity, and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office and Excel.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands; and verbal communication. The employee frequently uses a computer keyboard and monitor. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to be mobile and the employee occasionally travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances. The employee occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites, office locations, and/or off-site venues. Performing this job will sometimes require the employee to walk work sites that do not have infrastructure, this includes walking on uneven surfaces, through mud, through ruts, etc. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office or remote setting. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work at construction work sites where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in the construction work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?