Senior Commercial Estimator - $5,500 sign-on bonus
Commercial Development | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking to hire a Full-Time Senior Commercial Estimator for the Commercial Group for our office in Indianapolis, IN. As the Senior Commercial Estimator, you will prepare cost estimates/budgets for construction projects, assist with bidding, and provide support to the Director of Preconstruction and Construction Team for commercial and mixed-use projects.
- Consult with Clients, Vendors, Contractors, Consultants, and Personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates/budgets and resolve issues.
- Analyze plans/designs and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates/budgets.
- Prepare/analyze/recommend Vendors or Contractors for project selection.
- Confer with Engineers, Architects, Owners, Contractors and Subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates/budgets used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Assess cost effectiveness of design, products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Understand and show effectiveness in the buyout process.
- Establish and maintain tendering process and conduct negotiations and assist with contractor vetting.
- Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography and availability of services such as water and electricity.
- Visit with local authorities for each project being estimated to determine local rules and regulations to ensure estimate/budget is as complete and accurate as possible.
- Provide necessary training and direction to assist staff to achieve position advancement.
- General understanding of construction means and methods, with basic understanding of project scheduling, cost accounting and project estimating.
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities.
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint) as well as Procore and ProEst.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while continuing to meet project deadlines.
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Team-player who flourishes in that environment, has desire to take on leadership role, show excellent verbal and written communication abilities, attention to detail and recognizes discrepancies.
- 4-year college degree in a construction field.
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands; and verbal communication. The employee frequently uses a computer keyboard and monitor. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to be mobile and the employee occasionally travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances. The employee occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites, office locations, and/or off-site venues. Performing this job will sometimes require the employee to walk work sites that do not have infrastructure, this includes walking on uneven surfaces, through mud, through ruts, etc. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office or remote setting. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work at construction work sites where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in the construction work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?