Corporate | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking to hire a Full-Time Senior Accountant to support our Retail/ Commercial division, in either our Indianapolis, IN or Terre Haute, IN office.
As the Senior Accountant, you will handle our development construction projects, prepare commercial financial statements and will be involved with our annual budget & monthly forecasting. We will rely on the Senior Accountant to oversee the day to day accounting functions for their assigned properties and provide support to the Real Estate Controller and commercial property management group.
- Handle closing entries, loan draws and fixed asset allocation for their assigned development projects
- Prepare monthly & quarterly financial statements for their assigned portfolio of properties
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and fluctuation analysis of income and expense accounts
- Assist Real Estate Controller and commercial property management team with budgeting
- Maintain fixed asset software. Calculates and records appropriate depreciation and amortization of fixed assets.
- Identifies and works to resolve potential accounting and reporting issues
- Reviews general ledger invoice coding
- Select AP checks to be printed weekly
- Reviews and assists in maintain and reporting cost at completion reports
- Assist in the preparation of year-end reporting for lenders.
- Prepare monthly reports to send to lenders, investors, and internal parties.
- 4-year Accounting Degree required.
- 2+ years in retail/ commercial accounting required.
- Yardi experience is highly preferred.
- CPA or CPA-eligible preferred.
- If based out of our Indianapolis office, willingness/ ability to travel 1-2 days per week to our Terre Haute office.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?