Commercial Development | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking a Full-Time Senior Accountant to work out of the corporate office in Indianapolis, IN. This role has the responsibility to prepare and maintain the property financial statements and is involved with the annual budgeting for commercial, mixed-use, and industrial projects. In this role you will handle the day-to-day accounting for assigned properties and provide support to the TT Commercial Development, Construction and Property Management teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial statements including account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly development draws for under development projects
- Prepare year-end financial statements for annual tax returns
- Create and update combined sales analyses for multi-lot projects
- Prepare distribution and gain/loss calculations
- Prepare investor statements to calculate IRR and equity multiple for each disposition
- Assist the Commercial construction team with cost of completions in Procore
- Assist property management with the annual budget process for new developments and shared area entities
- Assist with the completion of year end tenant and shared area reconciliations
- Create documents for month end and quarter end reporting requirements
- Work with the Controller on obtaining liability certificates and tracking builder’s risk coverage
- Various financial analysis (e.g., Interest reserve coverages, Mezz interest payoffs)
- Assist with the creation of supporting schedules used in the Annual Report
- Assist with the creation of new properties and new jobs in Yardi and Procore
- Reconcile direct / indirect costs for assigned properties between Yardi and Procore
- Maintain fixed asset software
- Record project closing entries
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge in handling accounts.
- Good communication, analytical and auditing skills
- Strong knowledge about various kinds of properties of a company or organization.
- Excellent accounting knowledge about assets and properties in particular
- Ability to work with high precision and efficiency in preparing financial statements
- Proficiency with Excel
- Prefer knowledge of real estate and construction accounting software (Yardi and or Procore knowledge a plus)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands; and verbal communication. The employee frequently uses a computer keyboard and monitor. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to be mobile and the employee occasionally travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances. The employee occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites, office locations, and/or off-site venues. Performing this job will sometimes require the employee to walk work sites that do not have infrastructure, this includes walking on uneven surfaces, through mud, through ruts, etc. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office or remote setting. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work at construction work sites where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in the construction work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily ‘to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.’ As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our construction teams work in a driven, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?