Corporate | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking a Full-Time Property Accountant to work out of the corporate office in Indianapolis, IN. As the Property Accountant, you will handle the day to day accounting functions for assigned Watermark Residential properties. In this position, your main duties will be to prepare monthly and/or quarterly financial statements, distribute financial statements to outside investors and lenders in a timely manner, ensure accuracy of all general ledger information and calculate required investor distributions
Additionally, you will work to prepare monthly loan draws for properties under development, review cost of completion and work with project managers with job cost requests, and work with the Controller to review insurance requirements for acquisitions, project turnover and dispositions.
- Prepare monthly & quarterly financial statements for assigned real estate entities.
- Distribute prepared monthly & quarterly financial statements and cash disbursements to designated shareholders.
- Prepare and maintain construction loan draws and other lender reporting.
- Maintain recurring payable for assigned properties.
- Process miscellaneous cash receipts.
- Assist Property Manager with budgeting.
- Entry and reporting of Asset Acquisitions for assigned properties.
- Update recurring general ledger entries to reflect depreciation, write offs, and accrual changes.
- Identify and resolve accounting, reporting and tax issues.
- Provide a general ledger code on invoices for real estate properties assigned.
- Select real estate checks to be printed weekly.
- Update Notes Payable spreadsheet monthly, keeping track of principle due on current notes, adding and deleting as needed.
- Review tax assessments and assess reasonableness and need for appeal. Ensure all taxes are paid and maintain spreadsheet of all taxes due. Maintain spreadsheet of current assessments showing change in assessments.
- Maintain a value comparison to tax assessment spreadsheet.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end reporting for lenders.
- Provide monthly financials and rent rolls to requesting lenders.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/ Finance required.
- CPA preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and real estate accounting software (Yardi or Timberline knowledge preferred).
- 3 years' experience working in Accounting.
- Public accounting experience/ real estate accounting experience preferred.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily ‘to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.’ As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?