Project Manager - Multifamily Construction
Construction | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is a respected and nationally recognized, full-service development and construction company committed to making a positive impact in the communities we serve. We firmly believe in creating opportunities, improving communities and enhancing lives with every project we develop and build.
Provide leadership and oversight for the day-to-day operations and project administration activities for all assigned construction projects. Manage a staff of Superintendents, Project Engineers and Project Support staff. Assist in the development and implementation of corporate policies and procedures to achieve established corporate goals and support the corporate mission statement.
The following are minimum pre-requisites for the position of Project Manager:
- Four year college degree in Construction related field.
- Three to Five years of experience in Project Management preferably in multi-family development
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while continuing to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The essential job functions of the Project Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Review Construction Project contract with client.
- Review, obtain and implement necessary permits, local, state, etc.
- Review and ensure necessary insurance requirements of project are being met.
- Ensure Soil Test Report has been formulated and review.
- Meet with local authorities prior to start of work.
- Oversee and manage Project Superintendent.
- Maintain all communications with project owner.
- Review and approve Project Estimate.
- Issue subcontracts and purchase orders for project.
- Provide leadership in scheduled progress meetings.
- Ensure agendas and meeting minutes are issued for every progress meeting.
- Formula and update project schedule.
- Review weekly job costs and formula project cost projections on bi-weekly basis.
- Prepare applications for Payment to Owner on monthly basis.
- Review and approval of all subcontractor or material supplier invoices.
- Ensure proper subcontractors and material suppliers have submitted Waiver of Liens.
- Monitor scope of work by visiting job site once per week to ensure work outside of original scope is not being completed without approved change orders.
- Review Procedure and Budget Agenda with superintendent each week and have form signed by superintendent.
- Attend weekly staff meeting to review status of each project. Provide updated project photos and updated project schedule.
- Ensure “As-Built” Drawings are being prepared as project progresses.
- Formula “Punch List”, issue to subcontractors and ensure completion.
- Walk project with Owner and formulate final punch list.
- Issue Delivery of Possession form and obtain Certificate of Occupancy.
- Transfer Utilities to Owner.
- Complete O & M Manuals and issue to Owner.
- Finalize project with close-out meeting.