Project Executive - Multifamily Construction
Construction | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is a respected and nationally recognized, full-service development and construction company committed to making a positive impact in the communities we serve. We firmly believe in creating opportunities, improving communities and enhancing lives with every project we develop and build.
Project Executives are responsible for overseeing all items related to day to day construction operations including staffing assignments, project plan development, cost and schedule analysis, and owner and subcontractor communications and interface. They will be involved with all phases related to preconstruction, construction and project close-out. They will be responsible for regular communications for project planning, site logistics and coordination with careful attention to security and minimizing disruption to facility operations. Management position that provides leadership and oversight for the day-to-day operations and project administration activities for all assigned construction projects. Includes management and development of staff that includes Superintendents, Project Engineers and Project Support Staff. Position also includes assistance in the development and implementation of corporate policies and procedures to achieve established corporate goals and support the corporate mission statement.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Four-year college degree in a construction related field or adequate experience to demonstrate mastery of position requirements.
- Five years of progressive project management experience.
- Understanding of construction means and methods, scheduling, cost accounting and project estimating.
- Ability to demonstrate strong competency in leadership, teamwork, communication, problem solving and initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preserves corporate culture and philosophies. Mentors others, promotes mission and vision, and encourages team member growth
- Review and understand legal documents such as the Owner Contract, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders.
- Formulate and issue Subcontracts and Purchase Orders.
- Have complete understanding of Project Estimate.
- Have meeting with local authorities prior to project start and develop relationship to assist in project progress.
- Strong understanding of cost accounting and ensure all cost projections are updated and accurate.
- Ensure that the Field Staff has an updated understanding of the financial position of the project.
- Review and approve all subcontractor and material supplier invoices and pay applications.
- Provide strong leadership during entire construction process.
- Excel at communications to ensure all parties are aware of job progress, issues and resolutions including Owner and TTC upper management. Responsible for project meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- Daily communications with Project Management Team.
- Ensure that project schedule is up to date and accurate.
- Job site visitations are mandatory to ensure project is being constructed in accordance with the project documents, on schedule, maintaining quality and no work outside contract scope is being performed by TTC field staff or subcontractors.
- Monitor punch and closeout policies and coordinated with Field Staff and Owner Representative.
- Train all staff to ensure they are ready for position advancement.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the team member regularly works in an office or remote setting. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. Team members are frequently in an open seating environment. The team members in the office may have to manage a number of projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of clients, contractors and other staff. Organization, ability to prioritize, concentration and stress management will be skills necessary to complete the required tasks.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may occasionally work at construction work sites, remote work locations or other non-office locations where the team member is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in the construction work environment is usually moderate to loud. The team member is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Team members may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands; and verbal communication. The team member frequently uses a computer keyboard and monitor. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The team member is regularly required to be mobile; the team member occasionally travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances. The team member occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites, office locations, and/or off-site venues. Performing this job will sometimes require the team member to walk work sites that do not have infrastructure, this includes walking on uneven surfaces, through mud, through ruts, etc. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Note: The responsibilities and requirements of this position may vary with different regions and/or communities, due to market conditions or Owner/Partner requirements. Failure to perform any of the above job requirements may lead to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and / or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Thompson Thrift in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.