Corporate | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Watermark Residential is seeking a Full-Time Project Engineer to represent the owner in the field on a daily basis. The Project Engineer will take direction from the Project Managers and the Director of Construction and will assist in all necessary activities to achieve a successful project.
As the Project Engineer, you will be responsible for communicating the status of the project schedule and quality to the Project Manager, check for uniformity and compliance with the contract documents/plans including but not limited to: room dimensions, exterior colors, fixtures, and finishes. You also will maintain a complete and accurate set of half-size plans at all times, including all addendums and revisions.
- Report any deficiencies in the work to the onsite personnel and the Project Manager in writing.
- Assists in coordination, direction, and scheduling of owner’s vendors and subcontractors.
- Attend construction and draw inspections with construction field personnel.
- Represent and attend all required inspections and then communicates any pertinent information to the Project Manager.
- Generate an incomplete work list on behalf of the owner prior to turnover.
- Participate in the final acceptance walk through with the Project Manager and Property Manager or governing authority for final acceptance of finished units.
- Ensures a successful turnover of keys to property management.
- Assist in punch work completion when required.
- Complete special projects for Director of Construction.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Acrobat Professional.
- 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree in Building Construction or Architecture .
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and assemblies.
- 3 years' experience in a construction related field.
- Flexible to travel on several overnight trips (up to 50%).
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?