Corporate | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking a Full-Time Production Artist for its corporate office located in Indianapolis, IN. As the Production Artist, you will work with internal team members, external vendors and partners on the production and execution of marketing support materials, such as graphic material, packaging, display and advertising projects, social ads, and more as directed.
As the Production Artist, you will also collaborate with the Sr. Graphic Designer to format artwork, ensure print quality standards are met, and will often collect, process and organize files. This role requires an understanding of final file production/troubleshooting for print and digital production and will work closely with the in-house designer and production manager on the day-to-day fulfillment of marketing materials.
Our candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment with fast deadlines while still possessing the ability to catch missed edits. The production artist will be responsible for changes, preflighting for print, and ensuring all materials meet the established brand guidelines and standards as outlined by the company.
Also required is an expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software – specifically InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator. We are looking for someone who thrives in an open and fast-paced environment, is willing to go the extra mile when needed, and can roll with shifting priorities.
- Day-to-day updates of all marketing support materials including but not limited to marketing brochures, fact sheets, overview booklets, signage, and light design work as needed.
- Website updates as needed and directed by digital marketing manager.
- Site signage updates and the coordination of installations.
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications as needed
- Source and manage external print jobs as needed.
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production.
- Provide image retouching and additional image manipulation as needed.
- Create PDFs for print and client review.
- Prepare images for online applications (web and social) and post accordingly
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Event support and tradeshow prep.
- 2 or 4 year Degree in Marketing, Digital communication or related field of study.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-4 years' related experience required.
- Significant course work in graphic design, print production, visual arts or a related field, along with an outstanding portfolio and experience that demonstrates clear knowledge of print production and design, may suffice in the absence of a degree.
- Must have a solid knowledge of printing processes and should be adept with software applications such as the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with digital content such as websites, social media, online advertising and email campaigns may be required, along with basic knowledge of HTML5, Adobe After Effects and web-development software.
- Should have strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must stay up to date with new production techniques and trends through research and education.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth.
Are you ready to join our team?