Construction | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Position OverviewThis position will prepare cost estimates/budgets for construction projects or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Four-year college degree in a construction related field of study preferred.
- Five years of experience to demonstrate mastery of position requirements.
- Diversified understanding of construction means and methods, with basic understanding of project scheduling, cost accounting and project estimating. Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while continuing to meet project deadlines, exceptional problem-solving, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Be a team-player who flourishes in that environment, has desire to take on leadership role, show excellent verbal and written communication abilities, attention to details and recognize discrepancies and provide customer serve to variety of personnel in multiple divisions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult with Clients Vendors, Personnel in other departments or Construction team members to discuss and formulate estimates/budgets and resolve issues.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates/budgets.
- Prepare/analyze/recommend Vendors or Subcontractors for project selection.
- Confer with Engineers, Architects, Owners, Contractors and Subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates/budgets used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Understand and show effectiveness in the buyout process.
- Establish and maintain tendering process and conduct negotiations and assist with subcontractor vetting.
- Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography and availability of services such as water and electricity.
- Visit with local authorities for each project being estimated to determine local rules and regulations to ensure estimate/budget is as complete and accurate as possible.
- Provide necessary training and direction to assist staff to achieve position advancement.
- Performs work with a high degree of latitude. Handles the most complex issues. Possesses expert knowledge of subject matter.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinates and to the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the team member regularly works in an office or remote setting. The noise in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. Team members are frequently in an open seating environment. The team members in the office may have to manage a number of projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of clients, contractors and other staff. Organization, ability to prioritize, concentration and stress management will be skills necessary to complete the required tasks.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member may occasionally work at construction work sites, remote work locations or other non-office locations where the team member is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and the risk of electrical shock. The noise in the construction work environment is usually moderate to loud. The team member is required to work in compliance with company safety policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Travel Requirement: 30%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Team members may perform other duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands; and verbal communication. The team member frequently uses a computer keyboard and monitor. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The team member is regularly required to be mobile; the team member occasionally travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances. The team member occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites, office locations, and/or off-site venues. Performing this job will sometimes require the team member to walk work sites that do not have infrastructure, this includes walking on uneven surfaces, through mud, through ruts, etc. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.