Corporate | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Watermark Residential is looking to hire a full-time Preconstruction Manager to support the Director of Preconstruction in design/ development, and overseeing all aspects of a project plan from conceptual drawings, to a complete construction set. It is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a company with excellent team member engagement, high employee satisfaction and opportunities for career mobility!
As the Preconstruction Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the project design from conceptual phase through complete construction documents. You will review the plans and direct the design consultants so that an accurate and complete set of construction drawings are ready for contract. You will also work closely with the general contractor throughout the design process to ensure we arrive at contract with a construction budget that fits within the constraints of the project proforma.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Watermark in all project design meetings with design consultants.
- Review plans at each phase to identify general deficiencies, coordination issues between disciplines, conformance to Watermark Standards, accessibility issues, cost and constructability issues, etc.
- Solicit proposals and contracts with accessibility consultant, pool designer, material testing, and FF&E.
- Coordinate dry utilities - electric, phone/cable, and gas utilities.
- Maintain and update Watermark Design Standards Manual.
- Maintain project design checklist.
- Assist Owner’s Representative’s with RFI’s regarding design errors.
- Review and approve interior design scheme, furniture layout, and the furniture.
- Review comments from accessibility consultants and ensure the comments get incorporated into the construction plans.
- Coordinate design of and contract AV, low voltage, and access control.
- Assist in the selection of phone and cable provider.
- Manage building permit process from application through issuance
- Review and interpret geotechnical report and ensure that the design conforms with the recommendations
- Generate construction contract
- Generate and issue construction cost request to GC in coordination with development manager.
- Proficient in reading Multi-family construction drawings.
- Advanced knowledge of the plan design life cycle.
- Ability to lead and direct team of design consultants with assertiveness.
- Ability to identify a plan deficiency for all design disciplines (Architectural, Structural, MEP, Civil and Landscape).
- Advanced knowledge of construction pricing.
- Familiarity with accessibility codes.
Ability to operate independently, report in written and verbal formats.
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Experience working in a team focused environment.
Education and Experience:
- 4-Year Degree in Construction Management required.
- 5 years of preconstruction, project management or development experience.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, and project management tracking. Some working knowledge in AutoCad.
At Thompson Thrift, we work daily to fulfill our mission "to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.” As a successful development and construction company with 30+ years of experience, we look for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence, and service. Our teams work in a fun, driven, and fast-paced work environment with tremendous room for professional growth. Our full-time employees enjoy a nice benefits package which includes health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?