Retail | Indianapolis, IN | Full Time
Thompson Thrift is seeking to hire a Full-Time Preconstruction Estimator for the Retail Group for our office in Indianapolis, IN. As the Preconstruction Estimator, you will prepare cost estimates/budgets for construction projects, assist with bidding, and provide support to the Director of Preconstruction and Construction Team for commercial and mixed-use projects.
- Consult with Clients, Vendors, Contractors, Consultants, and Personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates/budgets and resolve issues.
- Analyze plans/designs and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates/budgets.
- Prepare/analyze/recommend Vendors or Contractors for project selection.
- Confer with Engineers, Architects, Owners, Contractors and Subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates/budgets used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Assess cost effectiveness of design, products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Understand and show effectiveness in the buyout process.
- Establish and maintain tendering process and conduct negotiations and assist with contractor vetting.
- Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography and availability of services such as water and electricity.
- Visit with local authorities for each project being estimated to determine local rules and regulations to ensure estimate/budget is as complete and accurate as possible.
- Provide necessary training and direction to assist staff to achieve position advancement.
- General understanding of construction means and methods, with basic understanding of project scheduling, cost accounting and project estimating.
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities.
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint) as well as Procore and ProEst.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects while continuing to meet project deadlines.
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Team-player who flourishes in that environment, has desire to take on leadership role, show excellent verbal and written communication abilities, attention to detail and recognizes discrepancies.
- 4-year college degree in a construction field.
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role.
At Thompson Thrift, we work to fulfill our mission daily 'to positively impact our team members and the communities we serve.' As a successful, 30+ year development and construction company, we are looking for team members who are inspired by our mission and share our core values of leadership, excellence and service. Our property management teams work in a fun, fast-paced work environment and have tremendous room for professional growth. Full time position with benefit package including health insurance, vision, dental, short and long-term disability, 401K and paid time off.
Are you ready to join our team?